Writer - Vital Strategies Bachelor's Degree Job5 months ago - Media / Advertising / Branding Jobs - New York City - 85 views
The writer will support the overall writing portfolio for the Policy, Advocacy and Communication division at Vital Strategies. Working together with content strategists across the editorial, public relations, program and design teams, the writer will bring stellar and thoughtful writing, messaging, strategy and editing to a variety of internal and external communication. Writing can include corporate, executive and media communication.
- First drafts of white papers, emails, newsletters, press releases, marketing materials, website copy and other documents as needed.
- Final drafts of aforementioned documents following multiple rounds of revisions to incorporate feedback and comments received by additional authors and reviewers.
- With a focus on storytelling, research and write clear, compelling content about program activities and other topics, for opinion pieces and features, annual and other reports, as well as weekly newsletters and websites.
- Edit, format and proofread materials in English including program reports, white papers, emails, newsletters, press releases, marketing materials, websites and other copy as needed.
- including program reports,
- Ensure adherence to AP style and in-house style guide, with close attention to detail and consistency.
- Bring thoughtful, strategic thinking to how content may be repurposed into several areas of communication and tailored toward different audiences, including public health officials, partners, donors and a general audience.
- Manage multiple projects across different teams while consistently meeting deadlines and ensuring quality output.
Consultant background must include:
Skills and abilities
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; experience in technical/scientific writing a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with people from other countries, cultures and disciplines.
- Great organizational skills, with the ability to self-manage and deliver high-quality work on time
- Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in another language a plus
Education and degree
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, social sciences or a related discipline
- Master's degree would be a plus
- Three to five years of professional experience in writing and content development
- Public health, public policy or social science knowledge and experience is a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter through the Vital Strategies Career Center. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a writing assignment.
Closing Date for Applications: Sept. 21, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.