World Languages Instructor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Education / Teaching Job - Tacoma - 107 views
This position is responsible for preparing and teaching World Language courses and support the ongoing programs of Tacoma Community College. The successful candidate will be flexible in their ability to achieve the instructional and general responsibilities of the position. This position reports directly to the Dean for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and works closely with the Humanities Program Chair and faculty.
This position reports is responsible to prepare and teach courses in one of five languages for the Humanities Program at Tacoma Community College. Depending on the quarterly needs of the Program, courses assigned may include one of the following:
SPAN&121, Spanish I JAPN& 121. Japanese I
SPAN&122, Spanish II JAPN& 122, Japanese II
SPAN& 123 , Spanish III JAPN& 123, Japanese III
GERM& 121, German I CHIN& 121, Chinese I ARAB 121, Arabic I
GERM& 122, German II CHIN& 122, Chinese II ARAB 122, Arabic II
GERM& 123, German III CHIN& 123, Chinese III ARAB 123, Arabic III
- Master's degree in Spanish, Japanese, German, Chinese, Arabic or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Taught one or more of the languages listed above.
- Graduate course work in teaching languages.
- Experience teaching at a community college.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Experience in using online classroom platforms (Angel, Blackboard, Canvas, etc.) as a classroom support and learning tool.
- Experience working with and teaching students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds, abilities and learning styles.
- Experience using a variety of technology and tools both in and out of the classroom.
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- Professional and courteous interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- An appreciation of diversity and a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Competence to teach a variety of world language courses and to review and develop curriculum.
- Competence to teach students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience using computers as an instructional aid in and out of the classroom.
- Computer literacy.
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following: Selected candidates will be invited for an interview which may include a teaching demonstration.
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Resume & cover letter describing how your educational background and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.
Terms of Employment
This is a part-time faculty position contracted on a quarterly basis. Classes assigned to the successful candidate may be on campus, hybrid online, or fully online with an online learning management system (Canvas) component for some class materials. The salary for the 2019/2020 academic year is $862.93 per credit, which includes scheduled class time and final exam days, as well as time for class preparation, weekly office hours, and grading tasks in accordance with the Faculty Negotiated Agreement. A collective bargaining agreement exists, and membership in the TCC Federation of Teachers or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg . 14, Tacoma WA 98466
(see application details) style="font-family: Verdana"> Benefits not applicable.
|apply nowapply now|