Weighbridge Operator- Villam Agric Limited OND - HND / BSc Job2 weeks ago - Production / Manufacturing Jobs - Ekiti - 38 views
Employment Type: Full-time
- Monitor the weighbridge and calibrate the inward and outward movement of all trucks / vehicles in the silo locations;
- Check and log in drivers' details as they come in and out of the site, weigh lorries when they arrive and leave;
- Operate conveyors or other industrial material moving equipment;
- Control traffic flow and safety of vehicles within the weighbridge area;
- Ensure all visiting drivers/contractors and customers are issued the location rules and sign in and out of location;
- Ensure accurate data entry for containers and vehicles as needed;
- Keep fuel and lubricants records and along same the maintenance record on the location;
- Fill reports of maintenance and operation of the weighbridge;
- Support location operations manager with HSE reports including reporting of hazards, near-misses, and accidents;
- Record production’ data like weights, types, quantities and storage locations of materials as well as equipment performance problems and downtime;
- Weigh incoming and outgoing trucks and collect all waybills, document, and duplicate copies to be collected by concerned departments;
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance;
- Prepare and submit a weekly report of activities carried out;
- Supervise and coordinate ad-hoc staff within the premise as directed by the Location manager;
- Ensure proper housekeeping around the weighbridge and especially the gaps between the weighing platform and the foundation for accurate weighing;
- Ensure that any exceptions are brought to the attention of the management as necessary to protect the company’s interest.
Qualification and Experience
- Possess a ND / HND / Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Industrial / Production / Agricultural / Metallurgical & Material Engineering
- Computer literate and fully conversant with office equipment including photocopier, scanner, and printers;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and electronic);
- Proficient knowledge of health and safety practices with prior experience in similar role
- Good knowledge of operation of forklift vehicle.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems with weigh bridge and platform scales
- Between 2 to 3 years’ experience
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.