Warehouse Operations - General Manager - Amtrak - Oakland, CA Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - Oakland - 96 views
The General Manager will oversee a 24/7/365 distribution center/commissary operation. In this role, the General Manager has complete responsibility of the market which provides food and beverage services regionally to our client, Amtrak. The GM will plan, direct and control the operations of multiple commissary/warehouse operations. GM will be responsible for the development & growth of a large management team and hourly employees. The GM will also focus on meeting and exceeding operating and financial goals, client objectives, KPI metrics, and customer needs. The GM will have daily interaction with the client, client's customers and employees. This individual will be focused on ensuring operational excellence in the delivery of the services ARAMARK is contracted to provide at the account. Aramark has been partnering with Amtrak for the past decade, to successfully deliver experiences that enrich and nourish lives. We accomplish this by providing warehouse logistics, inventory control, and provisioning all food service for the feature cars and special trains
- Demonstrates a high level of visionary leadership, balanced judgment and disciplined execution.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment to ensure effective execution of all strategies/initiatives in order to meet company and client needs with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability.
- Models, leads and inspires safety leadership, and all key initiatives relating to our core values - Sell& Serve with Passion; Front Line First; Set Goals. Act. Win.; Integrity and Respect Always.
JOB DUTIES EXPECTATIONS:
- Models, leads and inspires a positive work environment and utilizes effective communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Deliver strong operational performance by executing against ARAMARK Logistics Services SOPs and regulatory agency standards and programs.
- Optimize financial performance, process accuracy and logistics productivity by conducting operational audits and ensuring a high level of execution and compliance.
- Continually monitoring operations and developing necessary action plans to provide optimal managed services and drive innovation through process improvement.
- Responsible for the training, development and performance management of all distribution center/commissary personnel, operations managers and associates.
- Provide overall direction for all managers, supervisors, and front-line employees, ensuring employee development, engagement, and compliance with Human Resources-related policies and standards.
- Establishes and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure appropriate wage/benefit administration and compliance with established regulations and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Lead recruitment and employee development to ensure high performance, talent succession planning, optimal staffing levels.
- Ensure compliance to all vehicle Fleet/DOT compliance
- Maintains all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.
- Prepare and manage the distribution center/commissary business plans and contingency plans, which establish operational goals and predictable outcomes.
- Communicates on-going and projected status of business plan to appropriate client liaison. Offers proactive alternatives to address deviations from business plan.
- Ensure compliance with all contract obligations and manage operational performance to expected KPIs.
- Interact with client management and maintain effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization. Identify ARAMARK service expansion opportunities.
- Responsible for all department budgets, weekly and monthly financial information reporting.
- Develop operation component forecasts and explain variances.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements, operating reports, budget variance reports and other appropriate financial statements to monitor attainment of financial goals. Initiates action plans to immediately address financial shortfalls.
- Recommends and manages capital requirements and expenditures to maximize financial returns.
- Establishes and maintains client satisfaction achieving and/or exceeding client expectations.
- Conducts and/or monitors required client/customer surveys. Initiates action plans to address unfavorable survey results in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure consistent application of all ARAMARK operating systems.
- Maintains compliance with ARAMARK's programs, standards of operation, client contract and within ARAMARK's Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Performs all other related duties.
- Candidate must possess an undergraduate 4-year degree from an accredited university/college.
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team with a focus around business process compliance, Inventory management, financial controls and customer/client service. Preferred.
- Previous profit and loss accountability experience, and a proven track record of growing accounts is essential. Total managed volume of greater than $2M and P&L management experience in a fast paced multi-faceted operation.
- Proven experience building productive performance-based client relationships
- Ability to develop/mentor a management group into a high performing team to consistently deliver against corporate goals and client expectations.
- Ideal candidates will possess a high energy level that is communicated to the team they will lead
- Demonstrate proven success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and considerable negotiation skills are also needed to drive results
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is a key success measure
- Union experience preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills and experience are essential for success in this role
- Candidates must possess a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to lead directly and through influence
- Prior experience training, mentoring and developing management level staff is required; experience leading 20 to 100+ person staff is preferred