Walmart E3 Strategic Finance Development Program 2021 MBA Internship Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Graduate Trainee / Internship /industrial Attachment - Bentonville - 195 views
What you'll do...
Walmart E3 Strategic Finance Development Program 2021 MBA Internship Senior Manager
The E3 Strategic Finance Development Program is a highly selective opportunity to work on challenging and impactful projects to drive Walmarts global business forward. This is a chance to be part of the largest retail transformation in history. As Walmart continues to adapt alongside shifting customer preferences, we need a robust pipeline of talented leaders with the strategic, analytical, and change management skills to deliver on our mission: to help people save money so they can live better. The E3 Program is an important way Walmart builds that pipeline.
The cohort-driven E3 internship allows interns to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure and expedite professional development. It serves as a talent pipeline into the Walmart E3 Strategic Finance Program.
- Experience: Placement on one of our Finance & Strategy teams throughout the company, including Corporate, Walmart US, Walmart International, and Sams Club. All internship placements will be based in Bentonville.
- Exposure: Exposure to senior leaders through executive roundtables, networking with MBAs throughout the organization; evening and weekend social activities.
- Education: Mentoring, technical skill development, and individual coaching.
Interviews will consist of one round on campus with behavioral and case exercises, and one final round virtually with the Finance Leadership team. Candidates with offers will have the opportunity to visit the Walmart Global Headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas.
What can you expect from your Internship Project?
- Lead projects throughout a 10-week summer assignment. We work hard to identify meaningful, well-scoped projects with great leaders to help you deliver value and own a process end-to-end during the summer.
- Conduct data analysis, build robust financial models, and drive strategic insight for Finance and Strategy leaders in one of our business units.
- Past internship projects examples:
- 3D printing market entry strategy
- Dairy upstreaming
- Digital food strategy
- Omni-channel pharmacy strategy
- Supply chain innovation / automation
The MBA internship program serves as a pipeline into the full-time E3 Program.
Full-Time Program Overview:
The program is a rotational leadership and development program designed to accelerate the careers of our associates. The E3 Program will allow you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional development.
- Experience: Minimum of two 6-month rotations across business areas in Walmart US, eCommerce, Sams Club, International, and Corporate. For interested candidates, E3s also have the opportunity to rotate internationally or as part of an in-store management immersion.
- Exposure: Collaborative environment facilitates access to senior leaders through executive roundtables and immersion experiences in our stores and supply chain.
- Education: Mentoring, ongoing technical skill development, and individual coaching.
What can you expect from your rotations?
Each role is a mix of data analysis, financial modeling, strategic decision support, and initiative implementation. Examples include:
- Store Automation: build dynamic financial models to measure and influence capital allocation for multiple robotics initiatives and recommend optimal rollout sequence.
- Merchandise Optimization: Analyze merchandise categories to optimize inventory configuration and identify where Walmart should grow, contract, or shift online.
- Omni-Channel Planning: Work across Operations teams to create, communicate, and incentivize annual profit and loss targets at the intersection of eCommerce and stores.
Following your rotations, you will be placed in a part of the business aligned with your interests, skills, and the teams needs.
- Graduating with MBA from a top-tier program with a focus in general management, finance, or strategy between December 2021 and May 2022
- 3-5 years of professional experience in financial, quantitative, or strategic roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience presenting to leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
- Strategic thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, comfort with large datasets
- Authorization to work in US without restrictions
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 270 million customers and members visit our more than 11,700 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide and continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting (please use the apply button below), on Facebook at (please use the apply button below) Walmart, and on Twitter at (please use the apply button below).
About Bentonville, Arkansas
(please use the apply button below)
Bentonville, Ark. is nestled in the Ozark Mountains approximately 20 miles from Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas. It is a thriving and growing community with lots of options to dine, play and stay, including nearby rivers, lakes, bicycle and walking trails, a world-class museum and award winning restaurants.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
At Walmart, we believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity—unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions—while being inclusive of all people.