Vice President, People Analytics & Workforce Planning Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Chicago - 132 views
Vice President, People Analytics & Workforce Planning
Job Description Summary
The Vice President, People Analytics and Workforce Planning is responsible for unlocking the power of data to increase Cushman and Wakefields ability to leverage analytics (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive) in people related decisions making. Leveraging skills in data science, analytics, and visualization this leader will be responsible for supporting the business, by providing insights and informing decision making related to people and people actions.
This role requires a unique combination of strategic, operational, and tactical leadership, leveraging subject matter expertise and business needs to drive the Cushman and Wakefield People Data Strategy from the ground up. The leader who fills this role will be responsible for identifying and collecting metrics and using them to test, predict, and influence the most business-relevant human capital outcomes.
The People Analytics Lead will set and deliver on company priorities for all People Data & Analytics needs, including creating clear governance structures, aligning data clean-up practices, and delivering on analytics projects to support both the business and the People Team.
The ideal candidate will have a unique ability to both roll up their sleeves to lead initiatives as well as guide other matrixed team members in delivery of critical data analytics projects. They will work collaboratively across all levels of the organization, supporting the business in understanding the value that people data can bring to the organization, improving the way that we identify, attract, develop, and retain talent.
This role will partner with HR leaders, business leaders, and other internal data analytics teams, to develop key people metrics to help drive productive outcomes for the Cushman and Wakefield business.
- Develop and communicate the People Analytics strategy, gaining buy-in and support from Cushman & Wakefield leadership.
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to understand and conceptualize their specific business needs in order to effectively support them with insights and recommendations.
- Ability to translate business problems into actionable data delivery that can be leveraged to support decision making and problem solving.
- Define the initial set of People Metrics That Matter to be leveraged throughout the organize. With an agile mindset, continual iterate and optimize the metrics to support improved, decision making in all areas of People Team delivery.
- Ability to connect the People Data Strategy to the Customer Experience, supporting our business in telling the story of our Cushman and Wakefield workforce for future sales opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to integrate and manage data across systems to support advance analytics needs Example: Integration of data between Phenom Recruiting System and Workday to identify and hire best fit talent.
- Partner with other HR leaders to oversee HR data governance while ensuring alignment and integration between HR programs and People Data Strategy.
- Ensure effective delivery of analytics insights across the company.
- Support the development of data literacy and analytical thinking in the HR Function.
- Partner with the learning team to support professional development to enhance people analytics skills and fluency in use of analytics tools across the organization.
- Organize and lead our People Analytics COE, defining skills and expertise needed to support people analytics for Cushman and Wakefield.
- Institute measurement practices in order to understand the impact that the people analytics and the overall HR function add to the organization.
- Create visualizations, reports, and dashboards that provide transparency across the organization and communicate the effectiveness of HR initiatives.
- Support our broader HR Transformation by defining and creating tools that empower managers with the data they need to self-serve and make critical People decisions.
- With support from all HR Leaders, implement and drive a standard business review cycle with key business leaders reviewing metrics associated with the employee life cycle; detect and address trends that suggest a potential HR risk or opportunity.
- Brings an experienced understanding on external trends related to data needs that will support our customers, the business, and our employees, with a drive to understand the latest issues, risks, competitors, and general marketplace factors impacting talent
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
The People Analytics Lead will be a hands-on leader with a blend of strategy, data science, visualization and operations experience. This executive must be a team-oriented leader who is adept at collaborating across various functions, levels and geographies, and delivering leveraging a matrixed organization. They will also have subject matter expertise in workforce analytics and HR systems.
- At least 12 years of experience leading and developing teams, whether through direct management or project organization management.
- At least 7 years of progressive leadership experience in workforce analytics, data insights, data science, statistics, data manipulation and analysis, and data visualization.
- Consistent track record of creating and delivering on people data strategy and leading large scale, global data-based analytics projects.
- Ability to translate vision and strategy into actionable plans, synthesizing large data sets (e.g. employee database, qualitative and quantitative survey data, Microsoft productivity data) into executive summaries to build a compelling case for change.
- Experienced in building, evolving and applying complex models for planning, prediction and decision support.
- Program and project management experience leading the full lifecycle with ability to credibly consult (listen, understand, influence) with people at all levels including executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with HR, IT, Finance, business, and other teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations simply, clearly and comfortably.
- Technology experience preferred: Workday HCM and PRISM analytics, Workday Finance, Microsoft Office 365, PowerBI and other visualization tools, experience with report writing, dashboards.
An undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience in Data Science or People Analytics, is required; an advanced degree such as an MBA, MS, PhD or related graduate data science or analytics degree is preferred. Professional certifications preferred.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Together, we create a culture where you are a valued asset in a world-class company, and where your ideas drive value for our clients.