Union Dues Clerk/Processor - UNITE HERE Bachelor's Degree Job9 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Los Angeles - 194 views
Job Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following):
- Greet members at the Dues Window; answer questions and provide information on procedures or policies, maintain area clean and orderly;
- Receive payments by cash, check, or credit card;
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to members;
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change;
- Calculate total payments received and reconcile daily;
- Data entry; maintain files;
- Review member lists and input adjustments to data system;
- Complete multiple responsibilities on a daily basis;
- Written and verbal communications with members, staff and employers;
- Answering incoming telephone calls and retrieving daily messages related to union dues;
- Generate necessary TIMSS reports as required by membership department;
- Scan and enter new member applications and prepare new hire records;
- Record change of status including change in employment status;
- Record dues receipts and complete posting on an Excel sheet;
- Review spreadsheets and solve problems as necessary;
- Convert PDF files into Excel and format Excel sheets for upload;
- Occasional off-site work at Inglewood or Orange County offices;
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Ability to exercise judgment to solve problems on a case by case situation. Positive, figure-it-out attitude.
- Technical Skills – Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Membership Service – Respond promptly to member’s needs; respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listen to others without interrupting; remain open to others’ ideas and try new things.
- Oral Communication – Listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; participate in meetings.
- Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork – Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization’s goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking – Understand organization’s strengths & weaknesses.\
- Judgment – Ability to use good judgment on case by case situation; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure.
- Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; apply feedback to improve performance
- Quantity – Complete work in timely manner; strive to increase productivity.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follow instructions; respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteer readily; seek increased responsibilities; look for and take advantage of opportunities; ask for and offer help when needed.
Job Requirements/Qualifications: The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Access.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and high capacity for attention to details.
- Typing at a range between 60 and 70 wpm.
- Proficiency in data entry and the ability to operate a 10-key data keyboard by touch with speed and accuracy is required.
- Dues Processing – ability to enter data at a rate of a minimum of 10,000 key strokes per hour with an error rate not to exceed two percent.
- Proficiency in cash handling skills.
- Ability to work independently within the context of a plan.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well with others
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- All applicants must have a resume with six months of recent office experience and a recent employment reference.
- All eligible applicants will require testing in math, typing, and 10-key.
464 S Lucas Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90017
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and references, along with cover letter, to Carolina Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Union Dues Clerk/Processor” in the subject line. Please include your available start date in the cover letter. All eligible applicants will require testing. No phone calls, please.
UNITE HERE Local 11 has four offices in California (Los Angeles, Garden Grove, Inglewood, and Long Beach) and one in Phoenix, Arizona. The main office is located at 464 S Lucas Av, Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90017