Underwriting Team Technical Lead Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Other categories - New York City - 23 views
Protective is adding a full time resource to our Underwriting team based in the corporate office in Birmingham, AL. This position will work remotely after completing one week of training.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Underwrites cases above $10 million face amount, including impaired risk, assessing medical and financial risk and evaluating each requirement as received
- Manage assigned workload meeting production and time service standards
- Applies extensive medical and financial underwriting, as well as process knowledge to answer daily questions from the team. Uses advanced technical knowledge to answer referrals and resolve appeals. Answers questions daily from team members and distributors to facilitate underwriting decisions and workflow. Understands the distribution and is active in monitoring customer needs and quality of business. Applies institutional knowledge in interactions with other departments and outside entities.
- Serves as a primary contact for assigned IMO's for technical assistance. Makes field visits and attends meetings/webinars as manager sees appropriate. Works with the manager to bring field related issues to the attention of the team with a suggestion on how to resolve. Maintains effective working relationships with key distributors and internal sales staff.
- Investigates complaints, conducts research, and handles escalated issues that arise. Refers issues for management review as appropriate. Identifies trends and patterns and recommends solutions to ongoing issues.
- Participates on project teams and works as a department subject matter expert in interfacing with other areas or units as needed. May be called upon to participate on various project teams5to evaluate workflow or other aspects of the underwriting process and determine the impact of proposed changes. May also participate in the work required to implement changes. Interfaces routinely with the new business support team.
Required Skills & Experience include:
- 15+ years home office underwriting experience
- Bachelor's degree or applicable experience
- Fellow level designation (FALU, FLMI, CLU, ChFC) or master's degree, preferred, or strong progress toward
- Independently able to handle the most complex, unusual, sensitive and difficult underwriting and customer service situations
- Able to provide direction and lead team, acts as manager's back up
- Strong communication and relationship management skills are essential
- Customer focus
- Track record demonstrating good quality and productivity as well as career advancement and increasing approval authority
- Proven ability to organize and deliver on time with excellent results
- Working knowledge of PC applications
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.