UNC Health Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Chapel Hill - 122 views
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Officer at UNC Health is an experienced leader and dynamic individual who can drive transformational change within large organizations. The Chief DEI Officer is responsible for cultivating work environments that encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion and improve the delivery of health services to underrepresented, vulnerable populations. This includes shaping and driving the enterprise-wide DEI strategy and delivering on the business value and market positioning opportunity of investing in DEI. The Chief DEI Officer is a relationship builder, who can diplomatically maneuver in a complex organization and gain buy-in from key internal and external stakeholders. The leader is responsible for galvanizing the evolution of UNC Health's culture at both the organizational and individual level.
- Define the DEI mission, vision and values for the enterprise including definitions for key terms
- Create a DEI and health equity business plan and strategy that outlines short- and long-term goals, and key organizational metrics
- Prioritize DEI initiatives and business objectives across UNC Health, including its affiliate health systems, as well as the UNC School of Medicine
Implement DEI initiatives that:
- Cultivate an inclusive workplace through attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce and fostering an environment of inclusion
- Create an equitable patient experience through targeted clinical, social and community interventions aimed at reducing health care disparities
- Leverage and coordinate resources that exist within the Chapel Hill community (e.g., Gilling's School of Global Public Health and Sheps Center)
- Review supplier relationships and make recommendations to ensure diverse representation
- Capture the hearts and minds of the UNC Health community through thought leadership and measurable outcomes
- Tactfully obtain buy-in and support from key stakeholders, including the UNC Health Board
- Inspire a culture shift at all levels of the organization through thoughtful programming and accountability
- Transparently communicate key DEI metrics / information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders, including the UNC Health Board of Directors
- Identify and manage relationships with external parties and key diversity organizations on behalf of UNC Health
- Drive community engagement and partnerships within each UNC hospital's region, to better connect with the diverse local communities that UNC Health serves
- Represent UNC Health at conferences, industry events, etc. to promote UNC Health's thought leadership in DEI and health equity
- Participate in research to build the UNC Health DEI brand in NC and nationally
- Comprehensive system-wide diversity, equity and inclusion strategic and operating plan that coordinates across all UNC Health entities, including UNC hospitals, managed hospitals, and School of Medicine, in partnership with the DEI Council and leadership across the system
- System-wide DEI plan that fully integrates the Health Equity mission of UNC Health, including progress against health disparities / insurance coverage / languages / clinical outcomes among underrepresented groups, e.g., Black and Latinx populations across the state
- Established infrastructure and human capital (organization) that drives and supports DEI work across UNC Health
- Increased representational diversity of UNC Health board and senior leadership team
- Workforce engagement in DEI mission and strategy across all entities of UNC Health system
- Requires Bachelor's degree. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Requires 13-15 years of progressively responsible experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Understands all overarching System operations and policies that guide the organization. Communicates effectively in moments of stress to external stakeholders. Drives and develops innovative ideas and solutions with great significance to the organization's future. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing high priority System initiatives in a complex environment. Ability to recognize and articulate risks quickly with little context of the big picture.
Search partnership with SpencerStuart. To express interest in this position please send CV and letter of interest to:
Laura Mariani - [email protected]
(please use the apply button below)
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity : Shared Services
Organization Unit : UNC HCS Administration
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Day Job
Location of Job : US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care. This is not a State employed position.
UNC Health is an integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill. UNC Health is committed to empowering health, not just health care. From Magnet recognition to being named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine, we’re proud to say that our hard work is consistently recognized, awarded, and celebrated.
UNC Health and our 33,000 employees, continue to serve as North Carolina’s Health Care System, caring for patients from all 100 counties and beyond our borders. We continue to leverage the world-class research conducted in the UNC School of Medicine, translating that innovation to life-saving and life-changing therapies, procedures, and techniques for the patients who rely on us.