Training Operations Coordinator - The Management Center Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Washington, D.C. - 176 views
Do you want to color-code the world, and do databases make you giddy? We want to talk to you! The Management Center (TMC) is seeking a Training Operations Coordinator to support our growing team. We’re looking for candidates who are highly organized, passionate about details, enjoys the thrill of fast-paced and high-stakes logistics, excited to support the progressive & educational equity movements, and who thrive on making things run well.
Who We Are
Our mission is to help social change leaders learn how to build and run more effective organizations so they can deliver great results. Founded in 2006, we have helped shape the practices of hundreds of influential organizations and thousands of individual managers, focusing in particular on leading progressive organizations working for social change. Our clients work on issues – like promoting immigration reform, fighting for racial, economic and gender justice, advocating for educational equity, and protecting voting rights – where they face an inherently uphill battle and so must fight more effectively than their opponents if they are going to win. We aim to help them do that by making their organizations as effective as possible through providing coaching, training, and publications for the broader field.
Our training program has experienced significant growth in recent years, with demand for our trainings at times outpacing our capacity to meet it (hence the need for a third Training Operations Coordinator to help us increase the number of trainings we’re able to offer).
What You Will Do
As Training Operations Coordinator, you will manage all of the details for the trainings that we provide to organizations and individuals across the country. Your job will be to set trainers and clients up for a phenomenal training experience through seamless logistics and planning.
To be specific, TMC offers two types of training! We offer in-house trainings for clients who would like us to come to them and we offer open-registration trainings across the country that are available online. We are looking, specifically, for someone who can bring excellence to our in-house training operations—from connecting with our incredible clients during contracting to ensuring that all of the materials, data, and finances are seamless for training and post-training follow-up. Trainings range from a volume of 7-20 trainings each week, so we are looking for someone who thrives in scenarios where there are multiple deadlines, simultaneous responsibilities, and many details that make the magic happen.
To be specific, you will:
- Work logistics magic for all scheduled in-house trainings so that our clients are delighted to work with us and trainings go off without a hitch, including managing all client communications about our training process; coordinating AV and space requirements with clients; managing in-house training and practitioner calendars; ordering shipments from our distribution center & tracking packages to ensure training materials arrive on time; and making sure, post-training, that all participants get follow-up emails and are entered into our database.
- Check in with our trainers to anticipate their training needs, and schedule prep calls between trainers and clients.
- Work with the Client Support Team & Finance Manager to ensure we have contracts for each client, generate post-training invoices, and confirm that invoices are paid promptly.
- Manage a large volume of participant and financial data using various software programs, such as Salesforce and Streak. (Experience with Salesforce is a plus, but we can train!)
- Manage special projects to include streamlining shipping logistics, scheduling, or data entry processes, as needed.
This is a customer-service-focused position, with the first two bullet points accounting for 75% of your time.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Thrives in a very fast-paced office environment and can manage a high volume of high-stakes work efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Is known for being highly organized, with strong attention to detail – always triple-checks their work, even in a crunch for time
- Brings a deep customer service sensibility: Empathy, resilience, friendliness, and good judgment in balancing making our clients love us and knowing where to draw the line
- Has excellent problem-solving skills and a strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done – able to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines
- Has appetite and aptitude to learn more about Excel, Salesforce, and tracking data and enjoys learning and working through complex processes and systems in order to improve efficiency
Because our clients and colleagues come from a wide range of backgrounds, candidates need to be able to thoughtfully navigate issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion, and bring a deep commitment to advancing these values. You’ll also need to fit well with our culture, bringing a strong commitment to excellence, an ability to work quickly but carefully, and appreciation for/patience with our sometimes goofy jokes.
What Else You Should Know
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
The position is full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), and is based in Washington, D.C. The salary range for Coordinator roles is between $51,200 - $61,200, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range. We offer excellent benefits, including an additional 5% employer contribution to your retirement fund with no match required. We also offer the opportunity to work from home at least one day per week.
How to Apply
1920 L Street Northwest, Suite 775, Washington, DC 20036