TIER 3 SUPPORT ENGINEER - ELECTRONIC SECURITY -G4s Bachelor's Degree Job2 months ago - Other categories - Charlotte - 96 views
AMAG Technology is searching for an experienced Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer to resolve complex and unique technological issues with electronic security systems.
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service at all times, responding positively when under pressure.
- Provide support for AMAG software, hardware, and access control systems.
- Provide support for Symmetry including all strategic 3rd party integrations (Intrusion, Intercom, IP Video).
- Prepare documentation for Tier 3 services rendered including onsite trip reports when travel has become necessary
- Travel to customer sites as necessary to test, troubleshoot, and resolve product problems
- Provide Tier 2 level phone support duties when not performing onsite services and take ownership of tickets that aren’t resolved in a timely fashion
- Work closely with Technical Services, Hardware and Software Engineers to gain competence in the product’s operational characteristics.
- Support other departments in need of Technical Services when necessary
- Develop test fixtures to carry out tasks associated with issues reported in a manner that will simulate the product's intended operating environment.
- Conduct tests on new components, assemblies, and systems, based on written or oral procedures and instructions.
- Maintenance of tech support hardware systems (servers, hubs, switches, routers) and software systems including Windows Server, Terminal services, Virtual Machines
- Installation, upgrade, support of systems hardware and software and server/network problem identification and resolution.
- Serve as a senior LAN Administrator to identify, design, implement and plan network, hardware and software needs.
- Design networks, optimize LAN performance and resolve connectivity issues, including LAN/WAN connectivity issues as needed to technical support hardware.
- Develop and maintain server configuration standards for assigned servers for tech support.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, specialized computer systems training, or work equivalent.
- 2 to 5 years of experience working with access control systems, AMAG preferred
- A combination of experience and education will be considered
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry certification preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency and multi-task and to deal with conflict / crisis (i.e. realize something is important or will quickly become critical) on large-scale products
- Knowledge of tools of the trade i.e. Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Software utilities, and Microsoft diagnostic software Analyzers.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and information security disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft client and server operating systems, Microsoft Cluster software, NEC Express Cluster, and associated installation, configuration, support and management best practices preferred.
- Thorough knowledge in IP, DNS, AD and firewall configuration.
- Experience in dealing with PC hardware and software manufacturers and dealers and possess the ability to plan and direct the growth and expansion of PC networks, both wide area and local to train new users concerning LAN/WAN networks
G4S is the world's leading integrated security solutions company. We offer our employees an immense range of exciting, rewarding and long term career opportunities where they can really make a difference in a meaningful way. You simply won't find the variety and diversity of career opportunities anywhere else.