Tenured/Tenure-Track, Associate/Full Professor of Biostatistics, Public Health Sciences Department Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Chicago - 92 views
Academic Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a robust research portfolio in a collaborative environment
- Serve as PI/Co-I on multiple research projects
- Lead and collaborate on manuscripts
- Teach biostatistics courses each academic year at the graduate and undergraduate levels, both online and in-person
- Mentor faculty, graduate and undergraduate students on research methods, grant applications, and publications
- Work with colleagues to enhance, improve, and develop existing and new academic programs, including a DrPH degree
- Serve on University, school, departmental or other academic unit committees
The successful candidate must be able to meet rank and tenure guidelines at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
- PhD/ScD/DrPH in biostatistics, public health, statistics, mathematics or related field
- Expertise in biostatistics, including teaching and research using classical biostatistical methods applied to public health and clinical research
- Track record of independent and collaborative extramurally funded research, including as lead investigator or core director (e.g., NIH / AHRQ / CDC , Foundations)
- Evidence of exemplary teaching record through course evaluations, peer reviews, etc.
- Ongoing, sustained record of peer-reviewed publications
- Record of professional service
- National or international recognition of scholarship
- A research focus on population health and health equity
- Record of community engagement
- Expertise in Bayesian methods, imputation, and simulation
- Ability to develop new methodologies and investigate novel methodologies
- Expertise in epidemiologic study design and analysis
- Expertise in visualization of complex health data
- Experience working with public health and health-related data, including electronic health records and other secondary data sources
- Expertise in simulation methods for systems science, including stochastic processes, network analysis, system dynamics modeling, and/or compartmental modeling for infectious disease
- Experience developing new degree programs
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Open Date 02/19/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should apply online. Questions of content and process can be directed to Search Committee Chair Julie Darnell, PhD at (see application details).
Applicants should include electronic copies of:
- a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a statement of research interests;
- a statement of teaching and training interests, teaching philosophy, and evidence of teaching and mentoring effectiveness;
- a list of references (who will be contacted for finalists only).
Our review of applications will continue until we fill the position. Applications will be reviewed as they are received (and complete). Preference will be given to applications received before May 2, 2021, although applications will be considered until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is Fall 2021, or until position is filled.
Quick Link for Posting (please use the apply button below)
Job Number 8550089
Organizational Location HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS