Tenure Track Faculty - Audiology Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Other categories - San Francisco - 42 views
Hiring Department Summary
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Sacramento State has been an education and training facility since 1952 for students preparing for careers in speech-language pathology and audiology. Through the campus based Maryjane Rees Language, Speech and Hearing Center, graduate students evaluate and treat communication disorders under close supervision by faculty who are nationally certified and state licensed speech-language pathologists and audiologists. The Department offers the Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders, the Second Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSAD2B- CCE ), the Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and the Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) degrees. For more information about this department: https://www.csus.edu/college/health-human-services/communication-science....
- Teaching a variety of Undergraduate and Graduate Coursework in Communication Science and Disorders including graduate-level audiology clinical methods and didactic courses.
- Clinical supervision in the university's clinic and/or off-campus clinical sites, if applicable.
- Academic advisement of undergraduate and graduate students
- Scholarly activities, including pursuing research agendas that support student doctoral projects
- Service on student doctoral project committees
- Service on Department, College, and University committees
- Service to the campus and the community
- Liaison to local professional networks in audiology
There are TWO (2) positions available. The expectation of the position is that the successful candidate will be appointed as a 12-month faculty.
- AuD (with documented research experience), Au.D/Ph.D., or Ph.D. in Audiology, Hearing Science, or related field. ABD will be considered, but all requirements for the doctorate must be completed by appointment date
- Potential for teaching in higher education
- Evidence of research and scholarly activities, such as peer-reviewed presentations, peer-reviewed publications, and grants
- Potential for university and community service
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with students, staff, and colleagues in a diverse academic community
- Potential for participation in department and university committees
- Current FAAA (Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology)
- Previous clinical experience
- Possession of or immediately eligible for California state licensure in audiology and hearing aid dispenser license
- Possession of or immediately eligible for ASHA CCC -A ( ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology)
- Three or more years of experience with clinical supervision
Posting Number F0174P
Anticipated Start Date Fall 2021
Initial Application Review 02/01/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
The list of required documents needed to apply to this posting can be found at the bottom of the posting under "Documents needed to apply."
- For "Proof of Licensure" provide both of the following in one file:
- Proof of licensure in audiology and hearing aid dispenser license (or eligibility)
- Proof of ASHA CCC -A ( ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology) (or eligibility)
- IF ABD status, a FORMAL Letter of Verification from the dissertation committee chair or doctoral program director indicating status and anticipated completion date should be uploaded along with your "Unofficial Transcripts".
- In your Diversity Statement, please address the following: What contributions are you most proud of that exemplify your awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusionary environment? Please also describe your approach to teaching, working, conducting research and providing clinical service in a culturally diverse community and your commitment to diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism. Please limit your response to 500 words.
- For "Portfolio" provide documentation of any applicable research experience as a document.
When providing references, please use professional references ONLY .
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).
Campus Diversity Statement
Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country, and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region's students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/be... .
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.htm... .
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report ( ASR ) is available for viewing at (please use the apply button below) .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.