TEMPORARY Customer Engagement Coordinator Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Seattle - 116 views
- Supports team's use of key internal-facing platforms, including CRM and MS Teams; performs data entry and manages tracking mechanisms for various team functions; acts as technical expert and helps train users as needed.
- Helps manage team inventory of fact sheets, brochures and promotional items.
- Schedules and attends planning meetings as assigned: prepares agendas, takes notes, prepares meeting minutes, tracks action items; manages any assigned tasks.
- Provides project coordination services to the team as assigned: leads meetings, executes on communications plans, monitors deadlines and milestones, routes deliverables for approval, ensures quality and provides reports.
- Contributes to culture of Continuous Process Improvement, working with division staff to identify areas of improvement and implement best practices.
- Demonstrates Sound Transit's Values in every interaction.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business or public administration, English or closely related field and three years of experience in coordinating public relations programs/public outreach programs, project management and/or content management in assigned functional area, including volunteer management; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Required Knowledge of:
- Sound Transit, its current services, and system expansion plans
- Project management techniques and principles
- Methods and techniques of public relations and community outreach
- Principles and techniques of research, analysis and report preparation
- Methods and techniques of writing and editing
- Public speaking principles and techniques for effective presentations
- Customer services principles and practices
- Principles of inclusion and respect
- Principles and practices of record keeping/records management
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment, including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and statistical databases.
- Pertinent local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Knowledge of collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams a plus
- Knowledge of Office 365 / Share Point a plus
- Knowledge of volunteer management software a plus
- Fluency in Spanish, Korean, Russian, Somali, Vietnamese, Tagalog or Chinese is a plus.
Required Skill in:
- Distilling technical information into concise, easy to understand messages for both internal and external audiences
- Working collaboratively with teams across multiple disciplines to facilitate approvals, meet deadlines and produce quality products
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and able to multitask
- Ability to learn new computer software applications and train others
- Creative problem-solving, research and presentation skills; developing and presenting ideas both orally and in writing
- Coordinating work plans, including tracking deadlines, facilitating review and approval processes, fact-checking, proofreading and applying established standards to ensure completeness, accuracy and quality of deliverables
- Establishing and maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships with diverse work groups and individuals, including other staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public
- Preparing and analyzing data; compiling and preparing spreadsheets and reports
- Using personal computer software programs relevant to assigned work, including Microsoft Office, tracking systems and content management systems
- Working effectively under pressure, managing multiple assignments and tasks, meeting deadlines, setting objectives/goals, and re-prioritizing as needed
- Effectively representing Agency programs in contacts with the public, businesses, community organizations and other government agencies.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- While most of the work will be (temporarily) performed in a remote environment, this position will also be required to be physically present at events or light rail locations to support program needs.
- Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting objects up to 25 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, physical harm, and extreme noise when conducting site visits and working in the field.
- The agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
Sound Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment action based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected class.
Come work for us
Looking to make a difference? Now’s your chance! We are looking for people to help us plan, build and run one of the largest regional transit systems in the country.