Teller Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - New York City - 275 views
As a Teller, you will be exposed to a solid foundation to launch your banking career. You will be provided opportunities to develop your skills in building relationships with customers but also learn about the different areas of banking. Huntington's culture is driven by our commitment to doing what's right for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our colleagues. This commitment has never wavered, and never will.
As a Teller, your primary responsibilities would include:
- Welcoming customers to Huntington and establishing professional relationships with them.
- Processing customer transactions accurately and efficiently while balancing daily.
- Educating customers on how to leverage Huntington's technology to assist them with their transactions.
- Referring customers to other areas of the bank to deepen relationships and build strong internal partnerships.
- Adhering to all operational, security, risk and regulatory policies and procedures.
- After receiving training, you will be expected to demonstrate an acumen for banking, transaction process, cash handling, customer service, operations, systems technology and communication while maintaining up to date knowledge on all products, services, technology and policies.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience working with customers. Can include military service with administration, contracting, civil affairs, or similar experience
- Bachelor's degree
- A Bachelor's Degree in a business related field is preferred, but not required
- Cash handling skills preferred but not required
- Comfort with technology such as mobile services and online banking services, a plus
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
While our perspective on the industry may be fresh, our roots run deep — we’ve been serving communities in the Midwest for over 150 years. We’ve weathered changing economies and financial climates. Our commitment to doing what’s right for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our colleagues has never waivered, and never will. Our competitors know us by our steadfastness, our customers know us by our loyalty and, once you join our team, you’ll know firsthand just how much we value our people.