Technology Solutions Architect, AURA Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Saint Charles - 9 views
Leads, defines and owns the technical vision for AURAs Digital Services Team with a cloud-first approach. Ensures IT capabilities are designed, built and deployed using technology best practices while ensuring cost effectiveness in delivery and total cost of ownership. Develops and owns technology roadmaps with emphasis on driving out complexity and ensuring the company can scale efficiently and effectively as it grows. Works with the various IT leaders and associates to define technology architectures to meet the business needs.
- Facilitates technology approach to requested new systems or enhancements while minimizing total cost of ownership.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, technology advancements and open source direction, and plays a lead role in developing the skills and knowledge of other technical resources within RGA.
- Helps define and communicate RGA technology standards
- Serves as a liaison between the development team and various IT stakeholders.
- Seeks continuous performance improvement in technology solutions and ensures security of information
- Creates and implements effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Coaches and mentors colleagues with less experience
- Supports strategic planning and maintains alignment of projects with RTP's strategic direction and application architecture
- Participates in agile ceremonies (grooming, retrospectives, planning, SCRUM, etc.)
- Performs coding assignments, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of development experience including automation
- Proficiency in multiple tools of the full stack covering frontend frameworks, databases and deployments
- Proficiency in a variety of modern programming languages
- Proficiency in a variety of modern automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with load testing
- Experience with relational/NoSQL
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud provider
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams or projects
- Advanced ability to solve complex problems, drawing upon creativity, experience, and multiple sources of information
- Advanced communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex or difficult information
- Master's degree and/or LOMA certification
- e-Underwriting industry experience
- Cucumber/Geb/ProtractorJs/Selenium drivers
- Terraform/Ansible Shell
RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
|apply nowapply now|
Smart people work smarter when they are empowered – when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA has built a business and engaged a workforce inspired to transform the insurance industry.