Technical Support Officer - Trefoil Networks Bachelor's Degree Job2 weeks ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Abuja - 177 views
- The Technical Support Officer works for the Division's Network Operation Center, as part of the Field and Technical Support Engineering Unit, including wireless network, Satellite and Internet Access sub systems and networked systems.
- Performs specialized duties in support of Network planning, installation, testing, and deployment of hardware (router, switches, gateways, etc.) and applicable software.
- Responsible for day to day monitoring of networked systems and software hardware and storage components, maintaining equipment database and records, providing field support and installation, and providing online customer support.
- Keeps a watchful eye over end nodes, taking preventative reporting steps to ensure many issues do not occur.
- Responsible for supporting remote monitoring and management (RMM) software.
- Monitors infrastructure health, security and capacity on a clientsТ environment.
- Creates alerts (or УticketsФ) that identify and categorize the issue based on severity, alert type and other criteria.
- Responsible for monitoring with a view to capture availability/performance/capacity metrics of customers sites.
- Provides 1st level troubleshooting and repair via technical phone supports and emails to Resellers and End Users.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager or management
- LAN / WAN Network design Technical Training for staff and customers. Responsible for all projects to be completed on time. And performs system integrations. Other assigned duties as applicable.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, or Cisco. Is an advantage
- Experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
Competencies / Skills:
- Proficiency in Windows / Linux / Mac OS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competences
- Detail Oriented
- Personal integrity and high work ethical standards
- Logical thinking
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as subject of the email.