Technical Support Engineer Bachelor's Degree Job7 months ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Cambridge - 133 views
We’re seeking a full-time Technical Support Engineer to join our Population Health team. The person in this position will support software applications that are in production, which includes monitoring and investigating interruptions or bugs in operation and problem solving to identify and resolve failures in application function and improve overall efficiency. This position also includes working with team members to ensure proper scheduling and execution, gathering and maintaining statistics, and assisting with project management.
We’re looking for an individual who enjoys working as part of a team. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience programming in a variety of languages and experience with one or more database management systems. This person will be detail-oriented, possess strong communication skills, and be able to organize and prioritize tasks. Interest in the field of public health, data science and population health research methodology is a plus.
· Manage computer processing jobs according to established controls
· Investigate technical issues, determine root causes, and provide fix recommendations
· Notify appropriate staff of system, programming, and/or production problems impacting the accuracy or expediency of output data/reports
· Maintain and/or prepare records, reports, and logs and counts of documents related to assigned functions
· Develop written communication and documentation for users and for internal use
· Additional duties, as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2 years’ minimum experience in computer programming or related field
· Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server or other RDBMS including the ability to create and interpret SQL-based queries of moderate complexity, manage indexes, and work with stored procedures; experience with high-performance database technologies such as Vertica or Amazon Redshift a plus
· Development experience using C#, Java, VB.Net, or another modern programming language
· Experience in using one or more major frameworks or libraries such as .Net, MVC, jQuery, Entity Framework, etc.
· Ability to learn and utilize highly specialized software applications
· Ability to remain current with end-user hardware and software products
· Ability and willingness to use code libraries where applicable
· Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as the situation demands
· Ability to multi-task effectively
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, and co-workers
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks; also, flexible and willing to accept changes in priorities
· Strong attention to detail
Full Time, 5 days/40 hours.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV through HSRI’s Career Center.
You can also cut/paste the URL into your browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=hsri&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Materials can also be mailed to:
Attention: Human Resources
Human Services Research Institute
2336 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140
No phone calls, please.
This position is located in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office, but remote work will be considered.
HSRI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.