Locations: Abuja and Kano
Employment Type: Temporary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the field team and ensure all data and sample collections are done with utmost quality
- Work with the household trackers and community mobilizers to ensure only sampled households are surveyed
- Conduct household and individual interviews
- Conduct phlebotomy
- Collect nasopharyngeal swab samples
- Conduct Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) for Malaria
- Assure confidentiality of survey participants’ information.
- Label appropriately, prepare and store lab samples in accordance with required laboratory specifications.
- Maintain environmental integrity and aesthetics ensuring all areas are safe and clean.
- Prepare and organize field supplies, and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Collect and organize supplies ensuring all work areas are restocked appropriately daily, before field activities
- Document all field activities in appropriate field documentation tools and devices
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in a health-related discipline
- A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Training certifications in COVID-19 short courses especially IPC is an added advantage.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Participation in Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) or any other household survey in Nigeria as Team lead is required
- Excellent knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control especially in the context of COVID-19 is required
- Team management
- Stakeholders management
- Skill in Computer-Assisted - Personal Interviewing (CAPI) is required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change
- Must be willing to work at the times required by the survey need (this includes evenings, weekends and public holidays).
- An indigene of the selected state or resident in the state
- Good reading skill in Hausa
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We are recruiting to fill the position