Teaching Artist - Behind the Book BSc - MSc Job2 months ago - Education / Teaching Job - New York City - 182 views
Behind the Book is seeking an experienced Art Teacher or Teaching Artist who will manage all aspects of art programming from conception through completion. The TA will conduct fun student-centered art programming that connects to the Behind the Book curriculum units in collaboration with the art team and program coordinators. The position requires travel to our partnering schools in NYC but will be virtual until further notice.
- Help maintain materials for all art programs.
- Conduct programs in Pre K - 12th grade classes
- Read the anchor texts
- Confer with program coordinators on appropriate art projects for programs
- Construct grade appropriate art instructions
- Confer with book coordinator on technical requirements of projects for books
- Write lesson plans and slide show presentations
- Help maintain physical and digital files of lesson plans, slide show presentations, samples, and resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in art education
- At least 2 years teaching art in an urban setting
- Creative and organized
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Passion for literacy, reading and books
- Fluent in Spanish (desired)
Flexible schedule dependent on program schedule and weekly team meeting.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume summarizing qualifications, and relevant experience, as well as an example of an interdisciplinary lesson plan with an accompanying slide show, and if available a video example of your teaching to email@example.com.
Behind the Book is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Behind the Book