Teacher (Early Childhood) Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Carpentersville - 166 views
Children's Home & Aid is proud to announce that through the COVID-19 crisis, our sites have remained safe and stable, and we have continued to provide the highest quality services to the children and families in our communities. We are also thrilled to have implemented a significant change to our early childhood education pay structure resulting in annual starting salaries and comprehensive benefits packages that are far above industry standards. If you are a passionate, mission-driven early childhood education professional, we would love to talk with you about joining the team at our Child & Family Center!
- Familiarizes self with Center philosophy and classroom operations.
- Participates in classroom curriculum implementation to support high quality teaching and learning practices which reflect mandated elements and components, and parental and cultural influences, as well as promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of children.
- Responsible for the education requirements of children in assigned classroom, including all required screenings.
- Assesses children and evaluates and documents results.
- Works collaboratively with teaching team in establishing the guidelines and goals for the classroom by contributing ideas for lesson plans.
- Conducts small group, large group, and individualized activities.
- Actively supervises and ensures the safety and wellbeing of all children in their care in the classroom and outdoor environment.
- Maintains knowledge of therapeutic and educational approaches in early education.
- Assures that safety rules are observed and guards against harmful situations on field trips, walking trips, and on the playground.
- Prepares supplies and environment for activities.
- Assists in serving meals and snacks to children according to guidelines.
- Implements acceptable child management techniques.
- Recognizes the stages of development of young children and maintains knowledge of basic child development of the age group assigned.
- Sets up and monitors equipment and materials in classroom and playground area.
- Attends to physical care and health needs of the children and keeps records as required. Reports any concerns or issues to the Lead/Supervising Teacher "Designee".
- Assists in collecting child's information for portfolio and writing child's assessment.
- Works with team members to implement primary care-giving best practices.
- Encourages the involvement of the families of the children in early childhood program and supports the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Maintains complete and accurate required child files, forms and records within required timelines to document and track children in assigned classroom.
- Participates in required staffing/monitoring team meetings as assigned. Increases knowledge and skills by participating in a minimum of 15 hours annually in relevant Agency seminars or outside workshops and seminars in the field of early childhood education.
- Maintains awareness of and complies with licensing activities and health department standards that directly affect classroom assigned.
- Attends required internal and external trainings. Participates in the development of an individual professional development plan.
- Collects, analyzes, reviews and utilizes data and information on clients and services to inform program/department performance.
- Participates in regular supervision and staff meetings as required by department.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises good judgment concerning confidential information.
- Reports to work as scheduled and requested.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Children's Home & Aid Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has the potential for occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious waste or materials.
- Associate of Arts Degree in Child Development or related field with eighteen (18) hours of early childhood education credit required. Gateways Level 4 Credential preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills.
- Well organized, attentive to detail, resourceful, self-motivated, and flexible and has initiative.
- Ability to effectively interact with the children and/or lift them if necessary.
- Ability to work as a team player and to communicate effectively with children, parents, and staff.
- Demonstrates respect and acceptance of diverse individuals and communities served by, working in partnership with or employed by Children's Home & Aid including but not limited to race, gender, ethnicity, social-economic status, and LGBTQ populations.
- Must have valid Illinois driver's license and auto insurance when the position requires an employee to operate a motor vehicle in connection with executing the position's responsibilities, which include driving to and/or from any agency function.
- The applicant must submit to a criminal background check and a child abuse and neglect screening and maintain a cleared status throughout employment.
- The applicant must submit MMR, Tdap and pass a TB and immunization health screen upon hire and update TB/physicals as required by the licensing standards.
- The applicant must clear DMV screening and remain eligible to transport clients if driving for the position is required.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to physically interact with the children through bending, stooping, climbing, running, walking, sit and rise from the floor, standing, kneeling, and bending from the waist.
Children's Home & Aid offers a benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: Traditional PPO, or PPO w/health savings contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending
- Opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan
- E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
Click here to learn more about Children's Home & Aid's core values.
At Children’s Home & Aid
Make a Difference: what you do each day makes a difference in the lives of children and families.
Use Your Gifts: use your unique set of skills, experience, knowledge, talents, passions in an organization that is always innovating.
Grow: Create an Individual Development Plan, attend professional development workshops, work with a mentor, expand your skills and knowledge.
Work Toward Our Mission: work with us toward our mission to partner with children, youth, and families whose potential is at risk to create hope, opportunity, and bright futures.