Taste & Wellbeing Country Manager - Givaudan HND / BA / BSc Job2023-08-25 13:29 Engineering / Technical Lagos 163 views
Job Type: Full Time
- A Country Manager with a global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and a key member of our Taste & Wellbeing West & Central Africa Commercial team and focussing on the exciting Nigerian market, while being based in our Lagos office - Your future position?
- We are currently looking for a ‘Country Manager’ for our Taste & Wellbeing West & Central Africa Commercial team to provide a more intimate relationship for our customers in Nigeria, be responsible for the smooth functioning of the country operations, and effectively lead a winning sales, technical, and administration team of about 5 in the Lagos office.
- The role will focus on our complete range of niche Taste & Wellbeing solution offerings across categories – Beverage, Savoury, Sweet goods, Snacks, Dairy & Cheese, Naturals, and Nutraceuticals.
- We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional who can be an excellent addition to our creative and teamwork culture and preferably have a good knowledge of and network in the region.
- You will be based in our Lagos office in Nigeria and report to the Commercial Director for the West & Central Africa (based in Dubai). You will help develop business plans targeting important customers to achieve Givaudan’s priorities and key commercial goals in the region.
- You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. With its heritage stretch-ing back over 250 years, Givaudan has a long history of innovating scents and tastes.
- Our passion is to collaborate with customers and partners to develop game-changing innovations in the food & beverage, fragrance and beauty industries. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in Nigeria have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to your daily job.
- Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a true passion for the world of flavours, love stay-ing ahead of the curve, always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value, and are skilled at fostering strong relationships.
In this exciting role, you will help manage:
- Develop and maintain our business: You will create new business opportunities and develop the project pipe-line making the best use of Givaudan’s resources and capabilities to create the most relevant commercial opportunities with customers.
- Servicing our customers: You will partner with our customers’ R&D and Marketing teams, understand their brand strategies, positioning, strengths and weaknesses, and ensure Givaudan is well-positioned to participate in briefs and is on core lists.
- Positioning our products: You will monitor flavour trends, competitive activity, and product development, and ensure regular insightful market information to support and nurture our business goals.
- Bring your passion: Establish and cultivate relationships with internal and external key decision-makers.
- Operations and people management: Be responsible for the smooth functioning of the country operations, including compliance with all local legal and regulatory needs, and effectively motivate & lead a winning commercial, technical, and administration team of about 5 in the Lagos office.
- Impacting the bottom line: You will develop key accounts and prospects on the ground, follow up on customer submissions, manage wins through to production and launch, and deliver budgeted sales.
- Are you someone who wants to shape your world?
- Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment?
- Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are?
- Then come join us - and impact your world!
Your Professional Profile includes:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Food Technology, Chemical Engineering, Business Studies or a relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in B2B Sales in Business Development or Account Management role(s) in international work environments, preferably with companies in the Flavours, Ingredients, Chemicals, or Food & Beverage sectors.
- Excellent people management track record of at least 3 years in building and leading winning teams.
- A strong passion and appreciation for the world of Flavours.
- Good knowledge of customers, competition, and an existing network in Nigeria will be ideal.
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in the English language.
- Good business and commercial knowledge.
- Able to travel frequently within Nigeria as needed (~ 30-40% of your time).
- Attractive package with benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development.
- A creative team environment that will inspire you.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online