Talent Development Training Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri | Careers at (Corporate) Kansas City, MO Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Kansas City - 59 views
The Talent Training Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating a wide variety of specific training and development programs, systems and processes to address strategic priorities. Priorities are aligned in the areas of employees' development, leader development and company-wide initiatives. Works in partnership with facility HR Business Partners and other functions to determine specific action plans around the creation and delivery of programs, and manages their implementation and ongoing administration.
- Produces programs, processes and tools to support learning and development.
- Implements and conducts specific development and training programs on an ongoing basis.
- Accountable for program effectiveness measurement and revisions.
- Partners with the business and HR Business Partners to identify development and training needs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the specific program/process and works with managers and HR Business Partners to develop a delivery strategy of the training and programs.
- Assists in the development of specific programs and action plans (including vendor identification) to address established training and development priorities.
- Identifies relevant "best practices" through benchmarking and research; recommends specific processes, tools, and methodologies to address priorities.
- Researches, develops, and applies state-of-the-art training and development technologies across all work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business, Education, Technology, or related field and 2+ years' of relevant experience and/or training, required.
- Knowledge of training and development principles, including learning principles, instructional design, performance management, and training evaluation.
- Experience in the creation of training materials for remote or classroom instruction, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite including, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and planning, problem solving, decision making, and complex project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed for influencing, persuading, and negotiating.
- Demonstrated success in partnering with all levels of an organization, including skills in relationship building and gaining support for new initiatives.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and guide others toward goal accomplishment.
- Up to 75% travel, required.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
|apply nowapply now|