Systems Support Analyst - Information Technology Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Bakersfield - 32 views
Under the direction of assigned supervisor, effectively support business processes and operational systems that support core information technology functions at all sites of the Kern Community College District. Apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help maximize the benefit of information technology systems.
- Review, analyze and maintain system configurations, rules and data to ensure systems operate within KCCD's requirements and specifications.
- Provide functional support to users - identify and resolve system issues. Escalate and coordinate issues requiring management, Systems Analyst, DBA or vendor support.
- Meet with system owners and end users to define business and operational requirements and system goals.
- Participate in the review of current processes and procedures, making recommendations for improvements and identifying cost savings and efficiencies.
- Develop and document all proposed changes to current work flow and business processes in order to optimize processes.
- Collaborate in planning, design and deployment of new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems; provide post implementation support.
- Develop and maintain Help Desk Knowledge Base articles for assigned systems.
- Meet regularly with user support groups to analyze training needs; develop and deliver training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree AND one year of experience working with and supporting information technology software systems.
An Associate’s degree AND three years working with and supporting information technology software systems.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent certificate of competency AND 5 years of work experience such as described in the representative duties section of the specification.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Project management/coordination techniques and procedures
- Training techniques sufficient to communicate with and train a diverse audience
- Documentation techniques for computer software systems
- Principles of design and writing of help desk knowledge base articles
- Basic business process analysis and design procedures
- Basic principles and techniques of computer programming and programming languages
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Effectively assess software system intricacies for support, documentation and training purposes
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Read and interpret system documentation
- Develop and coordinate completion of system testing plans
- Perform on-going analysis of end-user training needs
- Develop training modules for a variety of software systems and provide end-user support one-on-one or in group training sessions
- Conduct research into system issues and products as required
- Coordinate multiple projects with initiative and minimal supervision
- Operate a computer and related peripheral equipment
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Salary Grade: 47.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on April 29, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at (please use the apply button below). Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright &# Jobelephant Inc. All rights reserved.