SYSTEM TECHNICIAN - G4s BSc - MSc Job2 months ago - Other categories - Edison - 76 views
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a System Technician. The System Technician assists the client with the support of the Access Control, CCTV & Radio systems. This position is charged with acting as the focal point in the project planning, coordination, quality control, oversight of the service and maintenance and directs communication with the client electronic security vendors. This position identifies and evaluates security deficiencies and vulnerabilities at client facilities by implementing technological solutions to protect customer assets, including property, people, and information.
The System Technician upholds the web and interaction systems of a company in multiple locations. This position is held accountable for the accessibility and usability of the company's computer and electronic information. This role maintains the protection and privacy of the entire data, related to the company. This position maintains information technology equipment and components. Responsibilities include initiating and designing networks and other hardware and electronic components, configuring and upholding hardware and software applications, systems, and programs, and handling the information bases of the company and backs up other systems in the same.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Manage Access Control, CCTV & Radio System Service Calls; enter and update comments in database; coordinate service calls with security vendor
- Manage Access Control, CCTV & Radio System Installations; update Corporate Security & Resiliency with status of security installation projects; coordinate project with security vendor.
- Maintain Security PC’s with Up-To-Date Security Software; install software and patches on all security related PC’s nationwide
- Providing software and hardware back up to the people working in the company and carrying out programming activities that detect flaws in the systems
- Revaluating the failures of hardware and software programs and systems in the company
- Performs training sessions, coordinates resolution of alarm system problems and malfunctions, and provides system configuration documentation for alarm and radio systems users
- Estimating proper actions that uphold computer hardware and software operations executed in the company
- Compiling and processing data for the information systems of the company and clients in order to make sure that they agree with all the state and national reporting needs
- Configuring the needed reports for giving data with respect to the requirements of his/her associates in the company
- Setting up operating systems, various software, and new computers in the company and for the clients
- Comprehending technical and specialized program designs and desktop requirements of the clients and the company
- Making software and hardware modifications in the company and for clients
- Ensuring that all the systems and their equipment are properly maintained and fully functional
- Updating himself/herself with the server programs and systems and other computer inductions and connections
- Adopting protective measures and upholding them with respect to telephones and computers
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or any other related field
- Master's degree in business administration with work experience in systems and IT.
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in computer management or a related field
- Work experience must demonstrate each of the following:
- Proficiency in troubleshooting
- Strong communication and technical skills
- The ability to adapt to various conditions
- The ability to repair computer software and hardware components and parts
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major Activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.