SVP, Valuation & Financial Analysis Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Chesterfield - 19 views
More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it's challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they're empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA's culture is collaboration - a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in a SVP, Valuation & Financial Analysis profession to join our team.
The SVP, Valuation & Financial Analysis leads, manages, directs and oversees all valuation and financial actuarial processes and related analytical process for Global Financial Services and North America traditional for RGA. Oversees Valuation and Financial Analysis Departments. Provides guidance in the development of business strategies, goals and objectives to achieve RGA's mission, vision, and values.
- Leads, manages and directs all aspects of GFS and North America traditional actuarial reporting and analysis. Collaborates with and through the senior actuaries for each business unit and various RGA offices to achieve compliance and reporting objectives.
- Sets strategic and tactical direction, establishes departmental goals and develops plans to achieve those goals.
- Oversees, manages and implements monthly and quarterly regulatory, GAAP and tax valuation processes for the areas under direction.
- Performs management duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining direct reports. Fosters a positive and engaged work environment. Mentors associates and gives guidance on associate development.
- Partners with business units being served and other corporate areas to review and implement valuation and reporting processes for new transactions.
- Maintains awareness of relevant changes in actuarial requirements and risk mitigation techniques for reinsurance structures and underlying products.
- Provides s independent review with respect to the establishment of unbiased financial plans and communication of financial results in terms of major sources of variance. Manages and directs merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field.
- Fellowship, Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Member, American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Advanced degree in financial-related field
Experience and Skills
- 15+ years experience in life or health insurance or reinsurance.
- 5 years experience in financial reporting and/or related analytical role involving mortality and/or morbidity based products (GAAP, Stat, Tax)
- Qualified to sign Public Statement of Actuarial Opinion
- Appointed Actuary Experience
- Broad Understanding of Reinsurance product designs, pricing, administrative, accounting, and valuation requirements
- Understanding of the bases behind assumptions driving reinsurance pricing and valuation
- Advanced PC skills and understanding of actuarial systems - including spreadsheet, database, and actuarial projection tools
- Highly advanced actuarial technical skills and an ability to detect and explain sources of variation from expectations in terms of key drivers
- Exceptional people management skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Expert ability in implementing change within an organization, ensuring understanding, participation, and ownership.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to convey information in a way that is meaningful and well received by stakeholders and team members.
- Highly advanced ability to adapt new methods; work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Expert skills in managing multiple projects and/or sub-teams simultaneously
- Highly advanced ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Highly advanced ability to implement organizational, divisional and/or departmental vision and goals that result in achievement and success through exceptional leadership skills, collaboration, creative thinking, maintaining focus, and persistence, even under adversity, while maintaining the confidence of associates and customers.
- Expert ability to work well within and manage a team.
- Expert ability to foster a teamwork and customer service focused environment.
- Expert ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Expert persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers to resolve issues/problems
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
|apply nowapply now|
Smart people work smarter when they are empowered – when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA has built a business and engaged a workforce inspired to transform the insurance industry.