SVP, Managed Services Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - American Fork - 35 views
During a period marked by significant change and transformation in the healthcare industry, the SVP, Managed Services will be responsible for the growth of the Managed Services organization as well as the continued transformation and improvement of the services delivery with a particular focus on automation and reducing manual processes, standardization of workflow and methodology across the entire organization, ensuring productivity and quality metrics are achieved and assuring a strong foundation on which future service offerings can be added.
- Ensuring quality, continuity, revenue and margin across NextGen's RCM and other managed services offerings;Driving continuous improvement through process harmonization and evolution, yielding both higher quality and margin enhancement;
- Establishing an environment of employee development, creating a continually more powerful team;
- Working with the strategy and solutions management organizations to bring new services into the market;
- Working with other functional areas of the company to enable NextGen's employees to operate at the top of their capabilities -- leading to leveraged revenue growth;
- Establishing a positive, engaging, client focused and collaborative culture within NextGen's Managed Services teams and across the
More tactically, the SVP, Managed Services is responsible for:
- Working closely with the Sales organization to grow organically the existing Managed Services client and revenue footprint;Overseeing and improving the financial and operational results of Managed Services through effective operations leadership;
- Providing Revenue Cycle Management expertise and leadership across all aspects of the delivery model including billing, collections, follow ups, denial management, credentialing,, coding, timely handling of credit balances and aging of accounts receivable;
- Leadership of regular metrics and performance meetings and monthly operational reviews;
- Working closely with the EVP of Operations and other leaders in the preparation and coordination of monthly margin reports, business reviews, and implementation and enforcement of potential opportunities as indicated by such reports;
- Work with internal audit department for compliance and implementation of recommendations and follow ups on findings of audited documents and operational issues;
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners to drive effective partnerships - identify and address problems/issues that exist or emerge in stakeholder relationships to ensure productive long-term partnerships;
- Collaborate and coordinate across business segments to optimize the customer experience;
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging trends and changes in the healthcare industry;
- Demonstrate understanding of the competitive landscape (e.g., services offered, strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, best practices);
- Maintain awareness of the regulatory and compliance environment and adhere to applicable laws and regulations related to the delivery of NextGen's services.
Location & Travel:
- NextGen's Managed Services operations are located primarily in St. Louis, MO and Huntsville, MD along with an extensive partner operations throughout India and the Philippines. This leader will be expected to have a significant presence across these operations throughout the year. Additionally, the SVP will visit other NextGen locations from time to time.
- NextGen's client base spans the entire US and its operations are global. Accordingly, the SVP, Managed Services must be accustomed to a travel schedule that encompasses travel to meet with key clients and prospects of the company and to attend industry events as well as other job-related travel.
- While a remote hire is acceptable to the company, this position will ideally be based in one of NextGen's offices with a strong preference for St. Louis, MO or Hunt Valley, MD.
- The SVP Managed Services will lead an organization comprised of more than 500 employees as well as an additional 1,000+ people that are offshore and employed through an extensive partner network. Among the SVP's direct responsibility will be RCM Production, Client and Technical Operations , Transcription, Credentialing and Care Services, Reporting and Quality Control.
- Qualified candidates for the SVP, Managed Services role should have progressive management and leadership experience leading a business process outsourcing delivery and operations team The ideal candidate will preferably be an individual who has displayed leadership within a progressive, results oriented, growth company.
The ideal candidate for the SVP, Managed Services will bring to this role:
- 10 years' experience providing leadership and management direction in a healthcare managed services environment;
- Significant experience in marketing managed services and working with Sales on deal structure, pricing and contract negotiations;
- Working knowledge of competitive managed service offerings in the marketplace;
- Direct experience working in hospital or ambulatory setting, including: billing, collections, follow ups, denial management, credentialing, coding, timely handling of credit balances and aging of accounts receivable, registration/scheduling, case management, health information management, IT, clinical units/departments, quality, compliance, etc.;
- Workflow redesign and/or performance improvement projects specific to revenue cycle management;
- Experience with change management planning and execution;
- Demonstrated performance in strategic/operational analysis and planning, analytical techniques;
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills that have led to actionable recommendations or outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to bring projects/initiatives to completion;
- Significant experience running large, multi-site and remote value add services delivery teams;
- Experience managing organizations >$100M in revenue;
- Experience transforming operations and implementing process and workflow that enables scale;
- Track record of driving continuous evolution with consistent quality and performance at scale;
- Demonstrated history of effective and positive cross-functional collaboration in a large geographically distributed organization;
- Advanced knowledge of practice management systems. Experience with NextGen's platforms a plus..
The successful candidate will be a highly intelligent, self-confident leader. He/she will bring a proven track record of success in a collaborative and participatory management style; and possess the ability to work closely with professionals and staff at all levels as well as consumers, clients, vendors and partners.
Additional character traits sought include:
- An inspirational leader -- one who influences and empowers people, creates followership, removes roadblocks and acts as an advocate for their team. Facilitates change management -- continuously improving outcomes;
- Ability to run fast and make difficult decisions and course correct;
- Iterative / complex thinker, comfortable with ambiguity, informal and high-influence leadership style;
- An analytical and financially minded operations leader that operates within a framework that utilizes well defined process, methodologies, metrics, scorecards and key performance indicators to lead a high- performance growth organization.
- Proven skills working in a fast-paced and high growth environment; experience scaling a company in a dynamic environment.
- A sincere interest in the Company's history, present business, and future goals. Respectful of the Company's Core Values and Standards of Conduct. Models the company's Guiding Principles and Values with credibility;
- A strong leader that balances empathy with determination. Staunchly defending his or her position/strategic direction while considering the position of others.
- An open, action-oriented personality.
- A leader with considerable experience leading transformational change. The breadth of this change experience should span people and process.
- Able to thrive and lever opportunities derived from being a member of a dynamic team where organizational reporting structure and hierarchy do not dictate effectiveness or ability to have an impact.
- Fast mover, nimble and decisive with as demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to business process, balancing control with flexibility, procedure with simplicity, and willingness to innovate and change while creating an environment of rigor and discipline.
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with people on operational issues -- Good "Coach" and "Referee". Engaging, informative, brief, to the point.
- Effects change through personal and professional influence.
- High levels of initiative, drive, and poise coupled with qualities of maturity, flexibility, and patience.
- Thick skinned, a strong sense of self, a quick intellect, entrepreneurial skills, and a good sense of humor.
- Organized, high attention to detail as well as an ability to achieve results through delegation.
- Execution oriented individual with an eye toward planning, directing and building toward a desired outcome as opposed to sustaining status quo -- a builder at heart.
- University or advanced degree desirable but not a replacement for experience.
- A competitive compensation package, including base salary, discretionary bonus, stock grants, as well as benefits such as health, 401(k) and deferred compensation, will be provided.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
We’re a leading healthcare solutions provider on a relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and their patients.
We Believe A Healthcare Practice Should Be About Helping Patients
Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal? Healthier patients, happier providers, and happier employees.
We provide tailored solutions to fit the needs of ambulatory and specialty practices, as they strive to reach the quadruple aim while navigating the journey of value-based care.