Supply Chain Project Engineer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Charlotte - 31 views
Supply Chain Project Engineer will drive and support the Global Sourcing Group cost out projects utilizing Masonite Change Process (MCP), including leading the effort as a project cost out engineer, collaborating with cross-functional teams, to identify opportunities for improvement to our products or processes. The candidate will ensure all cost out projects (material or design) comply with Masonite and Industry standards.
Act as NPI sourcing project owner.
Work with suppliers and Masonite Innovation Center (MIC) to review components designs, chemical make-up, etc. to identify cost out opportunities.
Responsible for the change management team that will be responsible for working with Global Sourcing and MIC to complete the MCP process.
Drive VA/VE ideation process working with internal cross functional teams and operations, and external suppliers Support sourcing managers in identifying new and innovative opportunities for improvement of doing business with suppliers for component production, logistics and/or quality by making constructive suggestions for change.
Develop, manage, and execute to cost out project schedule with cross functional teams.
Assist or provide component value engineering alternative solutions for competitive advantage.
Lead Masonite's Change Management Process (MCP) utilizing Product Change Request (PCR) for sourcing cost out projects, including creation and management of MCP elements for MCP approvals through closure, entailing;
- Initiate/submit the PCR through the MIC SharePoint program with identification of inventory impact
- Identify any new part numbers that are needed utilizing "MP Configurator"
- Identify that new or revised drawings are needed on the MCP request.
- Identify and manage BOM changes utilizing "MP Configurator"
- Identify Part Qualification requirement in PCR
- Submit test request to Masonite Innovation Center (MIC) SharePoint
- Identify the qualification tests needed, test samples, and timing and coordinate with MIC
- Review and verify test results
- Work with SQE team for supplier audits, supplier part qualifications testing, and plant trials
Contribute to building a culture within Supply Chain that is focused on developing purposeful and sustainable relationships with internal clients while at the same time being capable of constructively challenge and influence suppliers, clients and other internal functions to ensure the company's best interests are met.
BS Engineering, Business, or related field.
3-5 years of project management, and/or supply chain, and/or supplier management, and/or change management process, and/or NPD/NPI process.
20% - 40% travel requirement
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint skills.
Six Sigma training and /Greenbelt certification is a plus.
Open to extraordinary!
problem-solving, impactful communication, and collaborating effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization.