Supply Chain Data Analytics Manager in Smithfield, Virginia | Careers at (Corporate) Smithfield, VA - Corporate Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Smithfield - 139 views
As a Manager in the Supply Chain Data Analytics department at Smithfield Foods you will be responsible for maintaining, improving, and building new reporting capabilities for the business. You will provide support for a business tower by streamlining reporting and building new capabilities. You will develop a deep understanding of operational processes and needs, then use technology to deliver impactful reporting solutions. You will work with teams in various functional areas of the business and will implement process improvements to streamline the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting process. You will be responsible to deliver daily/weekly/monthly reports accurately and on time. You will also be involved in Ad-hoc analysis of large datasets to quickly provide insight into the business.
- Conduct meetings with leadership to standardize and improve reporting capabilities
- Lead team of analysts to deliver results
- Oversee the delivery of reports Daily/Weekly/Monthly accurately and on time
- Build Reports and Dashboards in Microsoft Power BI, Analysis for Office, Bex, and other reporting tools
- Build automated Processes using scripting tools
- Hold training sessions on how to use the various tools and reports created by the department
- Generate load files for various systems, maintaining system accuracy
- Communicate effectively with report stake holders to ensure strong understanding of the methodology behind all calculations
- Perform adhoc analysis using data from various systems and explain results of analysis to all levels of management
- Create SOPs and documentation for processes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or logistics business environment, required.
- Proficient with Power BI, Power Pivot, SAP, SAP Analysis for Office, BPC, Bex Query Designer.
- Proficient in Data analysis in Python using Pandas/Numpy/Jupyter Notebooks or equivalent technologies.
- Proficient in analyzing data within relational database systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Experience with ETL Tools such as Alteryx, Paxata, DataGuru or equivalent technologies.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business logic.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with superb attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Understanding of Windows environment command line tools, .BAT files, and Task Scheduler.
- Strong leadership and management skills, including driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Ability to provide clear direction to employees.
- Ability to translate business requirements into an action plan to deliver reporting solutions.
- Has the creativity to go beyond current tools to investigate and deliver best solution to the problem.
- Has a passion for working with data and finding solutions to problems using technology.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation for the Supply Chain Data Analytics team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.