Superintendent in Tar Heel, North Carolina | Careers at Tar Heel Plant, NC Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Tara Hills - 102 views
- Assists in maintaining acceptable plant profitability.
- Monitors yields and efficiencies daily and takes corrective action when appropriate.
- Maintains safety and ergonomic programs to ensure a safe working environment and while attaining company goal of an injury free workplace.
- Develops topics for at line meetings, trains employees to perform job safely; identifies and corrects safety hazards and ergonomic issues; attends safety and ergonomic meetings; determines strategies to meet goals of reduce injuries and cost per claim of injuries.
- Trains all supervisors and employees in company policies and procedures; counsels and or takes corrective action as necessary; develops and maintains a program of continuous improvement
- Maintains product quality and customer service standards.
- Ensures that sanitation standards are met daily; ensures product specifications and quality index are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that department manning and product scheduling is adequate to meet customer needs.
- Ensures company and USDA standards are met.
- Performs daily troubleshooting, implementing corrective action when necessary.
- Conducts line meetings as necessary to discuss violations and required actions to ensure compliance.
- In the absence of key personnel the employee's supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 4+ years' relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Experience using multiple computer applications including but not limited to Kronos, SAP and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures.
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards and USDA and HACCP regulations.
- Bilingual, a plus.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
Provides leadership and guidance to employees on the Production floor.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
|apply nowapply now|