Strategy & Operations Senior Associate - The Obama Foundation-Chicago Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Chicago - 166 views
About the Obama Foundation
At the Obama Foundation, we are guided by a core belief: that ordinary people working together can change history. Our mission is to inspire those people to take action, empower them to change their world for the better, and connectthem so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
We were founded by community organizers, so when we seek change, we do it by bringing people together.
That approach begins at home, on the South Side of Chicago, where we are building the Obama Presidential Center. The Center represents a historic opportunity for Chicago: a chance to build a world-class museum and public gathering space that celebrates our nation’s first African-American President and First Lady, steps away from where he began his career, where she was raised, and where—together—they made their home.
But that approach extends to all our work, whether it’s holding leadership training sessions in communities throughout the U.S., bringing local leaders together in countries around the world, working to support the global education of girls, or ensuring young men of color have pathways to opportunity.
As President Obama has said, “we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together.” So join us.
For more information, please visit www.obama.org.
About the Role
As a member of the OPC Museum team, the Strategy and Operations Senior Associate will provide exceptional analytical and project management support to ensure that OPC Museum Team projects are executed efficiently and effectively. The Strategy and Operations Senior Associate will report to the Deputy Director of the Obama Presidential Center Museum.
The Strategy and Operations Senior Associate will be responsible for achieving the following outcomes within the first year:
- Projects are delivered with a high degree of attention to detail minimizing the project management burden on the Museum Deputy Director.
- There is a system to track OPC action items across working groups so items are delivered in a timely fashion
- Relevant OPC updates are delivered in a clear, digestible manner to appropriate stakeholders across the organization
- Ad-hoc analysis of operational aspects of the OPC are delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- There is an updated budget for OPC start-up and operating costs reflective of most current organizational thinking
The ultimate aim of the Strategy and Operations Senior Associate is to achieve the outcomes listed above. In order to achieve those outcomes, we imagine that the Strategy and Operations Senior Associate will spend their time in the following ways:
- General business visioning, strategy, operations, and operational process development
- Conceptual research and analyses to develop the future Obama Presidential Center
- Process development and management of Foundation budget
- Long-term cash flow modeling and ad-hoc financial analysis on a variety of operational aspects of the OPC
- Oversight and implementation of strategic planning
- Project management support for the Museum Deputy Director
- Creation of operational plans and schedules for the OPC
- Is able to structure and process large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Has experience in a fast-paced, quality-critical environment presenting data to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Is an exceptional communicator, written and verbal, with a strong track record of telling a story using both quantitative and qualitative information
- Demonstrates expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- 2+ years of professional experience; experience in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, or similar fields is strongly preferred
- Has an understanding and appreciation of the complexities associated with working for a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit entity
- Is committed to our mission of inspiring, empowering, and connecting people to change their world
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.