Strategic Logistics Specialist Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - Olathe - 202 views
The Strategic Sourcing Logistics Specialist plans and coordinates both full truck load (FTL) and less then truckload (LTL) inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments for multiple SPX plant and vendor locations. SPX ships using all modes of transportation including over-dimensional, flatbeds, step decks, dry vans and LTL. This role provides logistical support for multiple cross-functional teams including, Operations, Shipping, Project Managers, Material Managers, Estimators, and Order Expeditors. This position is accountable for delivering cost savings in all areas related to logistics including transportation, crating, packaging, external warehousing, etc. The Logistics Specialist is responsible for driving continuous improvement to support supply chain goals. It requires strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to work within a team, a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Responsible for on time shipment of orders based on manufacturing schedule and customer requirements
- Optimize shipments to reduce the overall freight budget on both a transactional level and YOY costs
- Negotiate rates, track shipments, and file freight claims when required
- Participate as a team member in overall supply chain activities
- Dispute resolution between the company and carriers/suppliers
- Assist when requested with cost savings initiatives for other areas of the business
- Audit freight invoices for accuracy and coordinating with freight payment service to ensure accounts are current
- On-call/emergency notify for non-business hour shipments or issues
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of experience
- Hazardous material certification and awareness of hazardous material/regulations preferred
- Knowledge of SAP and TMS Platforms
- Knowledge of domestic transportation terms and document requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Competency in Excel
- Ability to build successful internal and external working relationships
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lifting up to 15 pounds
- Sitting, standing, walking
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The incumbent works in a plant environment and may be exposed to bad weather, excessive heat, and/or excessive noise
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.