Staff Software Engineer - Public Cloud (Cloud Enablement) Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Sunnyvale - 126 views
What you'll do...
Staff Software Engineer- Public Cloud (Cloud Enablement)
If youre thinking scale, think bigger and dont stop there. At Walmart (Global Technology Platform), we dont just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. Thats Walmart for you.
With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. Were changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores, to mobile, social and even online; were not just ready for the future of shopping, were creating it.
Walmart's Global Cloud Platform team, also known as Cloud Enablement, helps thousands of developers save time and code better, so that millions of Walmart associates can help hundreds of millions of customers to save money and live better.
We sustain millions of transactions per second, process petabytes of data, and enable tens of thousands of production deployments per day. We simplify the complexities of scale and unify the software development for all aspects of business, digital and physical.
We provide and foster the cloud native culture to our organization. Our team has the whole gamut of platforms, services, libraries, tools and frameworks on some of the cutting-edge technologies to solve hard, complex and high scale business problems. The Infrastructure as a Service team provides private and public cloud infrastructure
Public Cloud team, which is a part of Global Technology Platform team, is chartered to enable secure consumption of various Public Cloud offerings to help with business agility. This team is responsible for building the Hybrid Cloud Connectivitys, Governance and developing/managing various platform offerings to enable consumption of these components as Services on the Cloud. These Foundational Services will support a diverse group of application developers that include e-commerce and trading platforms, supply-chain logistics, Store Systems, B2B applications, Back office applications, etc.
The Public cloud team at Walmart will be responsible for supporting service offerings to enable developers to deploy and run various Business critical applications. Specifically, networking and Governance aspects of Public clouds will be managed by this team. Hybrid Connectivity, Project/Sub Creation, VNet Peering, private links, express route circuits, Interconnects, public cloud monitoring, updates, troubleshooting, monitoring, dashboarding and support are some of the responsibilities of this team.
Youll sweep us off our feet if:
- Eager to work on the line between Software Engineering and System Engineering.
- Curious and a step ahead when it comes to software trends.
- Natural leader who takes ownership of the teams deliverables.
- Willing to take responsibility for running a critical part of our infrastructure.
- Technical leader to solve a highly scalable, reliable and performance challenges in cloud platform
- Design, plan, implement and maintain private, public and hybrid cloud network solutions / connectivity
- Evaluate the current cloud network architecture and develop action plans to make necessary improvements
- Implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Public Cloud.
- Develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process.
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliance with mandated policies
- Work closely with the Development and Operations teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure.
- Mentors the team members and helps in enhancing teams productivity
- Brings new technology ideas for product enhancement
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Develop and maintain accurate cloud network support documentation in a knowledge repository
- Skilled in hybrid Cloud networking environments connecting on-prem to Public cloud networks
- Experience with design, develop, and deliver software features and capabilities in an enterprise cloud-defined network software platform
- Experience with networking, security, distributed systems, and/or system-level programming.
- Cloud Management: Policy, RBAC roles, Cost Management, Monitor and Alerting, Site Recovery, Disaster Recovery
- Have advanced working knowledge in one of the following languages: Go (preferred), Python (preferred) or other modern programming languages.
- Experience with building and deploying infrastructure via Terraform
- Prior experience developing or working with Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or OpenStack is highly desired.
- Prior experience developing or working with CI/CD or GitOps systems is highly desired.
- Demonstrated abilities to learn quickly, design efficiently, and write quality software code.
- Understanding of RESTFUL services and containers
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But youll quickly find were a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the worlds most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, youll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.(please use the apply button below)
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech. Were a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. Well collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science and 4 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
At Walmart, we believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity—unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions—while being inclusive of all people.