Staff Attorney - Nevada Legal Services, Inc Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Law / Legal Jobs - Reno - 167 views
We are currently seeking a staff attorney to join our Reno team! The staff attorney will provide full-scope legal representation in a variety of cases including representing tenants in eviction cases, assisting with removing barriers to housing and employment, assistance with the denial or termination of public benefits, and counseling seniors on a variety of legal matters including estate planning, suspected elder abuse, housing and consumer matters.
This position will require travel to meet clients, conduct community outreach/trainings, and appear in courts across northern Nevada. Overnight stays may be required.
- Applicants should be licensed to practice in Nevada or in another state and eligible for admission pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 72.1. Recent graduates will be considered but continued employment will be contingent on passing the bar examination.
- J.D. from ABA accredited law school.
- Applicants must have an interest and passion for helping low-income Nevadans, seniors and veterans.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills and experience addressing a variety of audiences.
- Capability to work with low-income clients from diverse backgrounds, including clients with physical and mental disabilities and clients with limited English proficiency.
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Salary DOE 50k – 68k
- Full-time (34 hours per week)
How to Apply
Provide cover letter explaining interest, resume, references, and writing sample. Reference “Reno Staff Attorney” in the subject line.