STAFF ACCOUNTANT in LOUISVILLE, Kentucky | Careers at LOUISVILLE, KY 40222 Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Louisville - 122 views
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining records of routine accounting transactions by preparing and posting journal entries, researching the general ledger and completing account reconciliations. This position will also assist in the analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management and assist in the month end close process.
- Performs account reconciliations, trend analysis, and analyzes for completeness.
- Completes billings and cost reports for the Department of Labor.
- Researches information requests and responds to issues involving general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile corporate balance sheet accounts and perform analytical reviews of monthly activity.
- Field questions from the centers, accounting personnel and research accounting issues.
- Assist in the preparation of corporate schedules for annual audit performed by external auditors.
- Prepares journal entries, generates reports, and participates in related monthly accounting activities to ensure timely ledger close.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Assists in special projects, as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 0-2 years accounting experience preferred.
- Computer literacy, including Excel, Word, Access, and related accounting/payroll systems. Knowledge of Oracle preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of General Accounting Principles.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- A working knowledge of current industry trends, standards and practices.
- Exercises independent judgment in carrying out the details of the work according to applicable regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize new tools and technologies in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to provide accurate and efficient service under the stress of constant deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
About our Line of Business
BrightSpring Health Services is the leading provider of complementary pharmacy, and comprehensive home and community-based health services for complex populations in need of specialized care. Through the company's eleven lines of business including home care, hospice, community living, behavioral health, family and youth, pharmacy, neuro rehabilitation, home health, applied behavior analysis and workforce development, the focus is on providing comprehensive care services, specialized care and clinical services to patients nationwide. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below). Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The company is the leading provider of diversified home and community-based health and pharmacy services to medically complex and high-need populations. Its primary businesses include: behavioral health (including autism services), home health care (including personal care, home health, and hospice), neuro therapy, and job placement and vocational training, supported by pharmacy and telecare ancillary technologies and services. These businesses employ over 50,000 dedicated team members in 50 states and provide services for over 350,000 people every day.