Staff Accountant III - Reinsurance Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Billings - 21 views
The Staff Accountant III is responsible for assisting with technical operational accounting duties in the Reinsurance Department. In this role, you will be responsible for providing financial information to serviced companies for a variety of acquired or coinsured products using multiple administrative systems and serving as a point of contact for assigned companies. In this capacity, you are responsible for ensuring all TPA- related accounting is accurate and communicated on a timely basis as required in the reinsurance agreements. You will be expected to complete assigned work on an accurate and timely basis.
- Assisting with monthly reporting, claims audits, and quarterly financial reporting
- Developing responses to ad hoc and routine reporting requests to meet the required informational needs.
- Working with various systems to analyze and report key measures to aid in the identification of strategic opportunities.
- Creating and updating various monthly financial reports, reporting variance to manager.
- Analyses of and assistance with regular audits of operational results.
- Directly responsible for Acquisition accounting, including the completion and distribution of accurate and timely daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting needs.
- Complete all TPA accounting work as assigned, including but not limited to statutory requirements, audited GAAP financial statements, general ledger separate & general account reconciliations, Schedule T work and other related duties.
- Responsible for assigned related account reconciliations.
- Maintain proper documentation in order to comply with SOX controls and corporate retention standards.
- Administer monthly and quarterly disbursements to the company's third parties
- Other accounting and financial job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting required.
- Three or more years of applicable accounting and system-related experience is needed, preferably in the Life Insurance industry
- CPA and/or MBA designation or equivalent experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP and Statutory reporting, general ledgers, accounting related systems & databases and operational accounting process flows
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.