Sr. Supply Chain Planner Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Redmond - 147 views
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER
SpaceX is on a fast track to become the market leader in various product categories like US based human spaceflight, rapid vehicle reusability, internet services through the Starlink constellation and others exciting projects. The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on SpaceX's technological and market changing successes, our team will be part of managing an agile yet robust supply chain that will enable a competitive advantage for the company. SpaceX Supply Chain will play a key role in enabling SpaceX to meet these ambitious growth targets and greatly contribute in making us a multi-planetary species.
This is a high-profile, cross functional position that plays an integral role in enabling production flow and supporting launch manifest. Working in close coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing departments, supply chain managers execute effective creative and smart supply chain strategies to achieve production goals. The functions within the supply chain management include material requirements planning, purchasing, supplier delivery management, dock-to-stock coordination, and inventory levels management. With all integration taking place in-house, supply chain managers are able to see their assemblies come to life every day!
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the demand plan for the product scope
- Creating and managing bill of materials in MRP systems for product scope
- Managing Inventory, reviewing line of balances, aligning demand supply signals and allocations, maintaining product master data and developing expertise in all Material planning systems and reports
- Execute MRP Planning messages for production parts
- Mitigate risk and ensure continuity of supply by constructing and executing to a well thought out supply plan that fulfills the needs of the product on time and with quality
- Execute purchasing transactions within scope area by issuing purchase orders for SpaceX programs and ensure delivery. Manage all relevant master data in MRP to ensure accurate and complete information at all times
- Coordinate with Engineering and Quality organizations to determine cause of rejected material and to drive appropriate changes to ensure elimination/reduction of those quality issues
- Partner with internal stakeholders on implementing advanced supply chain strategies like long term purchases, design for manufacturing to reduce cost and improve quality
- Proactively manage inventory, prevent stock outs while optimizing the utilization of SpaceX working capital
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors to ensure communication channels are buzzing with real time delivery information and work in progress
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
- Proactively update SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Analyze supply chain data and report out metrics
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain or a similar technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in material planning, supply chain, production, or engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical knowledge in a commodity - for example, composites raw material, composite component manufacturing, machining, soft goods etc.
- Proven success working on cross-functional new product introduction projects, completing cost models, and negotiating
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- SQL Experience
- Tableau, or PowerBI experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel & Project, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Experience navigating multitier Bill of Materials and work orders
- APICS Certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (see application details).
|apply nowapply now|
You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great – and that’s what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It’s about believing in the future and thinking that the future will be better than the past. And I can’t think of anything more exciting than going out there and being among the stars.