Sr. Software Engineer, Conversation Engineering Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Mountain View - 3 views
We're hiring a talented Senior Software Engineer for the Conversation Engineering team to join our growing team where you'll help build and scale the intelligent engine that is interpreting the world's health sensor data and empowering people to live fitter and happier lives.
What You'll Do
- Define and review projects by collaborating with other engineering teams, execs, dev ops, and the product team.
- Build new features, refactor, and scale existing backend systems that ingest and process data from mobile devices.
- Work on our new backend systems using state of the art technologies that provide the best possible user experience to our users.
- Rewrite and re-architect our existing services from other languages such as Java and Python to Typescript.
- Build the tools and infrastructure that will easily allow us to design and create user interactions.
- Instrument systems to make metrics available in real time to other teams like dev ops, analytics, data engineering, and other engineering teams.
- Develop everything new in Typescript, Node, Next.js, DynamoDB, and Kubernetes
- Uphold and help define best practices and collaborate across teams
- Be quality driven: write fast automated tests to achieve a very high, close to 100% code coverage with high quality.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Follow and better define coding guidelines to ensure that the security and privacy of our user data is ensured.
What You'll Need
- Expertise with data modeling, and performance tuning data systems and access
- Expertise with OO and functional programming or functional programming languages such as Haskell or Scala
- Expertise with designing DSLs or APIs
- Strong sense of empathy for end users
- Ability to work closely with product and designers to create optimal solutions and trade offs
- Experience building highly scalable, high volume, and fast systems
- Experience with tooling that assists with optimizing and troubleshooting systems
- Awareness of most current best practices, tools, and newest technologies
- Knowledge of AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Lambdas, Serverless
- Communication skills, capacity to work cross-functionally with both non-technical and highly technical team members
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on feedback
- Well-versed in Git and microservice architecture
- Experience with integrating machine learning models into applications is a plus
- Expertise with DynamoDB or other NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Knowledge or expertise in Kubernetes is a plus
- Familiarity with React or Next.js is a big plus
Education and Experience
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent in a STEM field
- 7+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in sprint planning and working with Agile methodologies
Our team works with cutting edge tools and technology related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We are using NLP to process millions of meals, and accelerometer data to compute activity and sleep amounts from users' phones. Our chat A.I. is the most sophisticated digital health engagement tool in the world. Join us and make it even better!
Working at Lark
Lark offers the option to work remotely when both the employee and the job are suited to such an arrangement and when the employee and her/his manager are in alignment with the work location and working hours. This option is only applicable to US employees due to current regulations. Lark is headquartered in Mountain View, California; as such the Company's core working hours are 10 - 6 pm PST.
Lark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit (please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|