Sr. QA Software Tester Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Bothell West - 126 views
As the Sr. Quality Assurance Software Tester, you are responsible for ensuring software quality within complex medical device products through the development and execution of software test plans by way of verification procedures based upon software and system specifications. The Sr. Quality Assurance Software Tester will be responsible for test execution activities within the Software Development Team. A strong background in software quality testing within Scrum/Agile teams is required. This position requires the successful candidate to be self-motivated and at times work with little supervision. The ability to interact with other professionals in various sectors is critical.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous and verifiable.
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing and correction.
- Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Create test tools that facilitate data gathering and test method execution
- Manage and Execute in-sprint Smoke, Integration and Regression tests
- Mentor and lead junior testers
Knowledge and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent technical Certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Software testing and quality control.
- Familiarity with scripting; writing and executing test scripts
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading a small team of testers
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with high-level programming languages such as C, C++, and Java
- Familiarity with development in a regulated industry.
- Familiarity with medical regulations like IEC 62304
- Experience with a testing framework such as Googletest or Ruby