Sr. Manager, Software Engineering Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Greenville - 90 views
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading teams of Software Engineers and QA in design, development, test, and deployment of existing .NET/C#/SqlServer solutions, as well as Full Stack Software Applications utilizing modern technologies (Java/Spring/Angular). The ideal candidate will have a progressive technology career delivering software solutions, developing and managing engineering talent in a fast-paced environment with exceptional project management skills. Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to Software Development and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast growth environment.
• End-to-end ownership (Cradle to Grave: Development, QA, Architecture, Infrastructure, Release, Support) for the assigned SBS line of business applications.
• Work closely with Software Development Leaders to map technical requirements into architecture and technical requirements.
• Develop the delivery plan. Ensure the development team delivers on the committed plan.
• Recruit Engineering Talent and build strong Software teams
• Manage production support requests and support processes. Balance existing delivery commitments and new requests.
• Report on Development status and Production Support to management.
• Partner with SBS platform team to build and utilize core platform capabilities.
• Collaborate with corporate teams on shared services such as Architecture, Infrastructure and Print Manufacturing
• Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and coaching.
• 8+ year’s experience managing Software Development (including Production Support) and delivery in a fast growth environment
• 4+ year’s experience managing Software Teams (including QA) and recruiting Engineering Talent
• Exceptional technical project management skills (white board design with teams, define work tasks/estimates and create schedules) with ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with competing priorities
• Experience with hands-on Software Development with one or more of the programming languages C/C++/Java/C#
• Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills
• Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in CS or Information Systems
• Agile SDLC processes (Kanban/XP),
• Modern Technologies (Java/Angular/DevOps/Cloud/Web)
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Strong customer focus and owner mindset
• Proven track record of delivering Software Products
Software Development and Delivery
Technical Project Management
Software Architecture and Infrastructure
Software Talent Recruiting
Agile SDLC (Kanban/XP)
About Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS):
Shutterfly is the undisputed leader in helping people share life’s joy by creating personalized photo-based gifts. As a $1B+ revenue public company, Shutterfly has invested in the world’s largest digital manufacturing platform that has both significant scale economies and flexible management capabilities across three sites in the US. With total capacity built for the peak holiday period of the consumer business, the company has significant digital manufacturing capacity available for most of the year. Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) has grown to an approximate $200M annual business by working with large customers to transform their traditional offset print to a more impactful mix of digital and offset printing. Shutterfly has identified growing the SBS business and expanding into additional B2B opportunities as a strategic mandate.
Please see job description