Sr. Manager, Government Affairs Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Washington, D.C. - 191 views
SR. MANAGER, GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
SpaceX, a revolutionary space technology company, is seeking to expand engagement with key Congressional, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community customers and partners, related to our global space-based broadband constellation, Starlink, as well as SpaceX's general legislative initiatives. Starlink will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As Manager, Government Affairs, you would have a key role in shaping and implementing SpaceX's advocacy strategy with respect to Congress and Executive Agencies in support of the company's business objectives. You will work with a broad degree of autonomy and be key in our shared success.
- Day-to-day shoe-leather engagement on Capitol Hill, Executive agencies, the Pentagon, and the Intelligence Community to advance SpaceX priorities and business
- Develop, maintain, and build-upon a network of relationships with Congressional staff relating to strategic opportunities for SpaceX in the defense sector
- Shape SpaceX federal legislative and business development strategies, tactics, and policy development
- Draft legislative language, attend hearings, draft hearing testimony, and develop policy positions
- Monitor and analyze federal budgets, legislative proposals, and appropriations
- Support and attend industry-related social events on behalf of SpaceX
- Prepare presentations for key audiences for SpaceX leadership
- Perform research and out-briefs as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years' professional experience working on legislative matters in the private sector, a Congressional office, an Executive Agency, and/or the Intelligence Community
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced degree (MA, JD, PhD) in Science, Policy, or Political Science
- Experience working on issues directly related to DOD and the Intelligence Community, or other agencies with space capabilities or responsibilities
- Knowledge of launch vehicles, spacecraft and launch services
- Knowledge of satellite systems and defense/Intelligence Community programs
- Knowledge of U.S. federal contracting and acquisition practices
- Direct experience in achieving definitive legislative outcomes
- Passion for SpaceX's mission and goals
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to forge coalitions and partnerships
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends, as needed
- Must be willing to attend political and industry events on behalf of SpaceX
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance required. An active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug testing and random drug and alcohol testing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (see application details).
|apply nowapply now|
You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great – and that’s what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It’s about believing in the future and thinking that the future will be better than the past. And I can’t think of anything more exciting than going out there and being among the stars.