Sr. Global Merchandiser, Retail Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Broomfield - 146 views
The Sr. Global Merchandiser will act as a key support to the Sr. Director, Global Merchandising for the Mono-brand businesses by focusing on the Retail channel. This role will act as a credible voice of Global Merchandising and support the creation of the merchandising vision for Crocs, the industry-leading casual footwear brand specializing in comfortable, fun, innovative and irreverent product lines designed to surprise and delight our millions of loyal Crocs fans and future Crocs fans.
The Sr. Global Merchandiser, Retail will help create the global merchandising vision, strategy and assortment plan for Retail and Outlet channels and support the regional go-to-market processes. The Merchandiser will help to align the regions to the global Crocs brand by creating a Retail culture that is collaborative, consumer focused, and data driven.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the implementation of global tools and processes that drive brand cohesion and alignment to the strategic merchandising plan.
- With direction from Sr. Director, Global DTC Merchandising, focus on implementing Retail best practices that are data driven and consumer focused, maximizing the business with a relentless focus on key performance indicators.
- Clear and regular communication with key global and regional cross-functional partners including Merchandising, Planning, Marketing, Product Line Management, Design, and Development.
- In partnership with Sr. Director, Global DTC Merchandising, support regions on alignment to the global assortment.
- Provide a clear point of view on individual SKU commerciality and contribute to the finalization of the global all-channel assortment including colorways, suggested retail prices, and marketing style selection.
- Gain a current in-depth understanding of the global retail landscape and identify and validate product needs, opportunities and gaps.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create optimal footwear assortments and strategies that support growth and brand objectives.
- Assist with the alignment and execution of seasonal key stories in product assortment, product placement/zoning, and marketing.
- Maintain assortment planning tool, with defined channel segmentation guidance, style prioritization, climate and store size directives and product life cycle guidance.
NECESSARY COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses
- Quick Learner: Learns quickly when facing problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failure for clues to improvement
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or organization
- Process Management: good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; can simplify complex processes
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture
- Bachelor's degree in merchandising, marketing or related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in merchandising, product creation and/or retail; footwear experience preferred
- Proven track record of communicating and executing merchandising strategies
- Management of an open to buy process, exceptional retail math skills
- Proven ability to successfully work in a highly cross-functional matrix environment
- Knowledge of international fashion/trends with the ability to translate into commercial concepts
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required
Crocs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Title: Global Merchandiser
Job Level: Professional Individual Contributor
Career Level: CL5
Salary Level: $71,900 - $107,300
This position is eligible to participate in a company incentive program.
This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and AD&D, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program that includes company match, and many other additional voluntary benefits.
Now, hundreds of millions of shoes later, we make the world comfortable.A world leader in innovative, casual footwear, Crocs, Inc., is dedicated to the future of comfort. Our original and most famous style, the Classic Clog, is instantly recognized around the world - and for good reason: since 2002, we've sold more than 300 million pairs in over 90 countries! We achieved our status as a global leader in the casual footwear category by taking an inherently simple approach to uniting style, modern comfort and value.
Every day, we make a choice to have an open mind and look on the bright and colorful side of life. We embrace and celebrate the uniqueness in everyone, inviting the world to Come As You Are.