Sr. Financial Risk & Controls Analyst Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Tempe - 50 views
The Senior Financial Risk & Controls Analyst assists their supervisor in the review of processes and procedures impacting financial reporting in order to evaluate best practices, efficiency opportunities, and compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). The primary responsibility of this role is the execution of walkthroughs and testing key controls. The Senior Analyst will ensure that process owners are updating documentation (i.e., flowcharts and risk control matrix, as part of quarterly 302 certifications) and will provide consulting support to the business at the lead of their supervisor. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for updating status of control testing, discussing delays, and assisting with project status reporting. Additionally, the role will assist with ad hoc and special projects.
In this role, the Senior Analyst has the opportunity to deliver on completion of testing to support SOX 404 and 302 opinions while identifying risks that could impede the scalability of operations. This person will play an important role in working with Bank operations to deliver solutions for challenges faced by the growth of the organization. The responsibilities include independently applying standards across different types of situations and using judgement to develop solutions.
Responsibilities may include, but may not preclude:
- Responsibility as tester for assigned key controls in the respective SOX process areas and provides advisory and consulting services to management under the direction of their supervisor.
- Review narratives, flowcharts, and risk control matrix to validate their accurately describe the processes and related controls.
- Coordinate, participate, and document walkthroughs to capture the initiation of a transaction to the general ledger reporting/filings. Interview the business owners to obtain the necessary information to complete the walkthrough. Verify the risks are being mitigated, the control is designed appropriately, and the control is operating as designed to mitigate the related risk. Identify gaps where controls may be needed. Communication issues to supervisor.
- Coordinate and complete control testing for the initial, rollforward, and remediation phases. Testing includes, obtaining populations and validating the completeness and accuracy, making samples selections based on SOX sampling methodology, and performing appropriate testing steps to confirm the control is operating as designed and related data is complete and accurate. At the direction of your supervisor, create new test steps and make updates to existing steps to confirm effective and efficient testing procedures. Work with the business closely to complete testing based on scheduled due dates. Identify issues or ineffective controls and communicate them to your supervisor.
- Assist with SOX status and result reporting weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Assist with adhoc and special projects to ensure internal controls over financial reporting compliance as necessary.
SOX Specific Responsibilities
- Update and maintain all SOX related artifacts including narratives, flowcharts, and risk control matrix with the requests of the business and use judgement to determine if updates are compliance with SOX standards
- Coordinate with the business to set up walkthroughs and obtain testing support as needed
- Clearly document walkthrough and testing procedures performed, issues identified, and report issues to supervisor
- Assist your supervisor with communicating deficiencies, reviewing responses for validity, and tracking remediation efforts
- Track status to the plan and report delays to supervisor and assist with management reporting
- Provide recommended changes to controls if underlying processes have changed or new items / risks added to the business in an advisory function
- Assist with internal and external audit requests and respond to follow up questions timely
- At the direction of your supervisor, assist with special projects to ensure internal controls over financial reporting compliance is obtained
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance
- Experience in internal controls over financial reporting (SOX), broad understanding of internal control concepts (COSO 2013), financial reporting (U.S. GAAP), auditing standards (GAAS), and IIA Standards and various auditing requirements
- Experience performing walkthroughs and testing
- Critical thinking and collaboration skills
- Project management and organization skills, with the capability to work on the testing of multiple controls simultaneously with minimal direction in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Pro-active, high energy and strong interpersonal skills with a team-focused attitude, demonstrating the ability to collaborate and compromise while building constructive and effective relationships
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical abilities, including problem solving and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products required
|apply nowapply now|