Sr. Director, Visual Merchandising & Store Design Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Arizona City - 59 views
About the Job
Sr Director Visual Merchandising
Lead the brand vision and customer experience as it applies to the store design, décor, signage, and visual merchandising aesthetics and standards across the entire chain of PetSmart stores. The ideal candidate will demonstrate abilities in interpreting creative and visual trends, conceptual ideation, presentation skills, technical proficiency, as well as high proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and/or AutoCAD. Reporting to the VP, Creative, Visual Merchandising, and Store Design, this person will work closely with cross-functional teams. Aside from exceptional talents and strong background in the in-store space, the ideal candidate must demonstrate a professional, positive demeanor with effective interpersonal, and team-building skills while fulfilling PetSmart’s goals and values.. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to both the project team, internal partners and the field execution team.
- Oversees 9 associates plus the work of several integrated contract positions.
- Leads, inspires and develops direct report team, keeping them focused on objectives, timelines and living the success factors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops short- and long-term visual merchandising strategies, standards and new capabilities.
- Leads the execution of compelling design with regard to retail space, visual merchandising, fixtures, signage and décorProactively stays abreast of trends and innovations within the retail industry.
- Understands the relationship between merchandising, design and customer behavior and uses this knowledge to influence decisions.
- Is able to balance designwith operational needs and budget objectives.
- Pro-actively maintains partnerships and influences go-to-market strategies with cross functional teams (marketing, creative, planning, merchandising, store design, operations, real-estate and field).
- Creates innovative in-store presentations that support key initiatives and seasonal merchandise.
- Assumes responsibilities regarding conceptual and flagship store design(s).
- Reviews construction documents and as-built packages from architects/vendors in conjunction with Store Development and F&E teams for conformity to design intent and brand standards.
- Presents and communicates plans effectively to ensure consistency across the chain.
- Responsible for influencing and persuading all levels of the organization
- Articulates, advocates and influences cross functionally to deliver on goals.
- Partners with Field Leadership for execution compliance and feedback on in-store activations.
- Delivers conceptual design against strategic objectives while maintaining brand consistency.
- Partners with manufacturers and consultants to develop project specific solutions.
- Manages multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Monitors the status of projects and makes sure work is completed accurately and on time while providing leadership with status reports and project updates.
- Manages budgets to ensure effective use of funds per project.
- Partners appropriately to develop detailed proposals for projects requiring incremental funding.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years retail/visual merchandising experience required
- 7+ years experience leading high performing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent visual merchandising skills, command of design in scale, three-dimensional space, fixture design, fabrication, substrates, graphics and production standards.
- Solid understanding of space planning, architectural renderings, plan drawings, plan-o-grams, CAD and/or any 3D design software
- Outstanding creative and design sensibility
- Exceptional concept development, inspiration collection and motivational skills.
- Working knowledge of design programs on an iOS platform: Autocad, Sketch-Up,
Adobe Creative Suite: In-Design, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Solid understanding of visual merchandising principles, insights and retail operations
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proven problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Must be motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with proven organizational and team skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Up to 10% travel required
- Ability to travel to various sites to include, but not limited to, new store openings & remodels. Training sessions in the field and regular store visits
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: (please use the apply button below)
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: (please use the apply button below)
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: (please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|