Sr. Director, Human Resources Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Mountain View - 5 views
At Lark the Human Resources organization is an influential partner driving business outcomes from strategy to execution. In this role, the Senior Director HR will be a strategic partner to the organization. This is a hands-on contributor in all facets of HR and responsibility for the entire employee lifecycle. Lark is looking for a problem solver with a passion for innovation and the desire to partner with the business to achieve outstanding HR results.
The Senior Director of Human Resources will consult and partner with Lark's leaders to develop and implement HR initiatives and best practices that align and drive the business strategy. This role requires a deep knowledge of compensation and equity practices for emerging growth companies and will focus on developing and retaining high performers, as well as organizational effectiveness, operational excellence and employee engagement.
- Business Knowledge and Partnership: Becomes a valued business partner by displaying an in depth understanding of Lark's key business functions. Supports these functions as they apply to the human capital management life cycle.
- Organizational Development and Design: Knowledgeable regarding how best to optimize organizational structure and roles. Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Assists the business in alignment of structure, process, rewards, metrics and talent to support the business. Consults and influences managers on key organizational and management matters regarding organization enhancements.
- Talent & Performance Management: Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues including identifying key talent, recognition and rewards, performance issues, performance improvements and terminations.
- Compensation/Benefits: Supports compensation and benefits programs to include annual salary planning processes, surveys and analysis, benefit programs and employee services (perks). Leads efforts and partners with executive management and benefits vendors to provide comprehensive employee benefit plans.
- Employee Engagement & Training: Understands training/development needs and provides appropriate direction to the organization. Directs employee engagement initiatives to measure and provide tools ensuring employees feel passionate about their jobs, are committed to Lark and put discretionary effort into their work.
- Compliance/Reporting: Functions as a trusted resource regarding federal, state and local employment and labor matters. Interprets and advises on all aspects of labor and employment law. Competent addressing employment legalities.
- Staffing / Talent Acquisition: Understands Talent Acquisition best practices and recruiting strategies to ensure meets its headcount operating plan.
What You'll Do
- Leads as the primary HR business partner to accelerate transformation
- Directs HR functional specialists both employees and contingent workers to attract and develop talent, develop manager performance models and drive performance management
- Provides expert insight into people and organizational issues and partners with leaders at all levels as they lead their organizations. This includes diagnosing organizational effectiveness issues, implementing solutions and building leadership capability
- Drives organizational structure, content of jobs and establishment of performance standards
- Directs company-wide HR programs and initiatives
- Ensures desired behaviors are identified and reinforced in total reward programs and professional development programs
- Consults with business leaders to determine critical needs through assessments and gap analysis and drives initiatives as appropriate to support business objectives
- Ensures comprehensive development plans are in place for key positions
- Facilitates organization and leadership development efforts to address root causes of human resources issues
- Directly manages the HR operations team; partners and collaborates closely with the talent acquisition team
- Coaches managers and employees at all levels on a variety of topics including management skills, organizational effectiveness, professionalism, conflict management, and communications
What You'll Need
- Experience supporting both private and public technology-based companies.
- Experience managing a company through transitional phases
- A background and experience working within a matrixed organization
- Hands on experience supporting the HR needs of growing and transitional organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of metrics, drivers and HR analytics
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on business initiatives
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including influencing and the ability to encourage innovation
- Proficient public speaker and expert at messaging to audiences of all sizes
- Highly collaborative work style. Willingness and demonstrated ability to work in teams as both a lead and a supporting team member
- Strong proven leadership skills and experience
- Ability to fly high and fly low in all facets of human resources
- Assertiveness, presence, and confidence
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in HR, advanced degree is strongly preferred
- 15+ years of relevant HR business partner experience in a leadership capacity with at least 5 years as a specialist in HR's compensation/benefits/equity disciplines
Lark is a companion that lives on the user's phone and provides daily coaching, guidance, and health insights to users. Developed with the expertise of world-leading health professionals, we are on a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place. Come join our team!
Working at Lark
Lark offers the option to work remotely when both the employee and the job are suited to such an arrangement and when the employee and their manager are in alignment with the work location and working hours. This option is only applicable to U.S. employees. To accommodate all employees, we have identified the “core” period of the day during which all employees are required to work for scheduled meetings, syncs, scrums between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Pacific time. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.
Lark is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit (please use the apply button below)