Sr. Application Analyst SAP FICO / Financials - REMOTE Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Arizona City - 96 views
About the Job
Senior Applications Analyst, SAP Financials
The Senior Application Analyst is responsible to manage and execute the key activities within a project from process creation to influencing decision making to tactical activities. This role is expected to possess and demonstrate a strong understanding of both business operations and corresponding processes and capabilities within SAP ERP. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, and refine the requirements. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IT teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into solutions.
- Understand the principles of application systems development and use them to analyze, test, implement, maintain and document projects
- Creates of business and functional design specifications. Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities, and determines alternatives.
- Implement business driven requirements based on the given standards and oversee testing for the implemented functionalities and the support of the system test phase
- Work closely with the Project Lead, Architect and the Development team to ensure solution meets business needs
- Understands in detail how the business works; knowledgeable current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they interrelate to other areas. Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IT teams. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical design system/application capabilities, and negotiates resolution.
- Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
- Participates in regular dialogue with business partners to help understand and shape ongoing operational requirements, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Technical Depth/Breadth - Possesses broad technical knowledge of many technologies and an in-depth knowledge of SAP ERP especially financial processes. Rapidly learns and operates new technologies. Possesses strong design/analytical skills and applies these to technical decisions on emerging technologies. Understands architectural issues and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- Business Knowledge - Requires an in-depth understanding of products, services, and business processes. Must possess thorough understanding of the businesses supported. Understands client requirements, present and future, and their impact on the technical direction of the PetSmart solution.
- Project Delivery – Assists, or leads, project scoping, analysis and project management. Consistently plays a key role on a project team. Is a role model for effectively working with internal/external team members.
- Customer Focus - Seen by their business partners as an expert resource to handle difficult and complex technical issues on a proactive basis and identify the appropriate resources to address the issue.
- Decision Making - Functions independently with limited work direction. Assesses different options and recommends an approach following established methodologies.
- Communication Skills - Communicates confidently and has active listening skills. Exchanges information effectively with business and IT partner. Can produce complete components of project plans. Must be able to deliver process and technical presentations to variety of audience levels and using a variety of mediums. Must be able to translate technical language into meaningful messages to business leadership and end users.
- Analytical/Design - Responsible for evaluation, design, and implementation of technologies in their area of expertise and related areas. Responsible for analyzing the performance of technical area, proactively identifying need for version upgrades, capacity changes, etc. Can analyze cross-technology issues.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree - Math, Science, Finance or Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing SAP applications and integrating vendor packages; played a significant role in leading or managing medium to large projects
- Must have expertise in role-relevant SAP ERP Finance modules – processes and configuration
- SAP S/4 HANA (Cloud Essentials / On-prem / Cloud) experience a plus
- Retail SAP experience a plus (SAP ERP IS-Retail)
- Very strong analytical approach to problem solving and solution development
- Ability to design and implement complex solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with experience conducting workshops to facilitate continuous improvement
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through to resolution
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: (please use the apply button below)
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: (please use the apply button below)
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: (please use the apply button below)
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart in the IT space from our team members: (please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|