Sr Staff Attorney Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Other categories - Birmingham - 31 views
The Legal Department of Protective Life Corporation has an opening for a Senior Staff Attorney. This attorney will provide legal support to the company's variable insurance products business. Specifically, the attorney will provide support for variable life and variable annuity product development and ongoing regulatory compliance. The attorney will work as part of a larger team, helping to direct the efforts of other team members.
- Provide direct legal support for variable annuity and variable life products, including product development and ongoing regulatory compliance. The direct legal support provided centers primarily upon the creation and maintenance of the product prospectus.
- Assume responsibility for Protective's participation agreement process, including negotiating new agreements with fund managers and drafting amendments.
- Assume responsibility for Protective's selling agreement process, including negotiating new agreements, drafting amendments, and updating selling agreement templates, as necessary.
- Provide support and participate in acquisition due diligence and integration of acquired variable products.
- Other job duties as assigned by senior management.
- This position requires an attorney with 5-7 years' experience working for a law firm, mutual fund, or other equivalent employer. Specific knowledge of securities laws is preferred but not required.
- The candidate must have exceptional communication skills, organizational skills, the ability to think critically, and the ability to work with and as part of a team.
- The candidate must excel at working on very detailed and tedious documents and projects.
- The candidate must also possess the ability to manage pressure and prioritize multiple, complex, competing projects.
Bachelor's degree and JD is required.
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.