Software Engineering Internship Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Graduate Trainee / Internship /industrial Attachment - Greencastle - 212 views
The Software Engineer Intern will prove support for the Software Engineering team. Activities will include designing reliable, functional, and cost effective vehicle control software; develop and test programming for vehicles and systems; support various systems through troubleshooting or reprogramming the system. This role will work on a variety of key projects and initiatives ranging from simple tasks to more complex analytical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Write quality, maintainable, object oriented C++ software.
- Develop and maintain PC programs used for the configuration of truck specific programming.
- Identify and control vehicle operation and maintenance risks.
- Prepare and maintain the software documentation necessary to support the configuration of truck specific programming.
- Test truck specific programming to ensure the programming operates as specified.
- Participate in peer reviews and other engineering activities.
- Strong academic record, GPA 3.0.
- Undergraduate degree student majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of various degrees of information.
- Experience with C or C++ programming or similar programming language.
- Experience writing embedded applications on microcontrollers.
- Experience working with Controller Area Network (CAN) and the J1939 protocol.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Detail oriented and quality focused.
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing workload.
- Flexible and adaptable to working under tight deadlines and/or changing needs.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: (see application details) or (see application details).
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
|apply nowapply now|
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products-including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories-can be found all over the world.