Social Media Coordinator - Friends of the High Line Any Educational Level Job7 months ago - ICT Jobs - New York City - 195 views
The social media coordinator is a key member of the advancement team, which includes the development and communications departments. The candidate should be creative and have an innovative, “social first” mindset. They will be responsible for growing the High Line’s social media presence to increase brand awareness and generate revenue through memberships, donations, shop sales, and other forms of support.
This candidate will work across departments to develop integrated content for the High Line’s social platforms. They will use text, video, and photographic content to engage and grow the High Line’s audience on social channels.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Vice President of Communications and is part of the wider advancement team.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow audience, increase engagement, and generate revenue through social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Partner across the organization—with programming, development, editorial, creative, retail/ food, art, horticulture, operations, and events, among others—to create social content that supports the new strategic goals
- Write social copy and develop digital assets
- Manage the development of digital videos, photography, and other digital media
- Organize, prioritize, and schedule the social content calendar
- Research and test messages and new features
- Track social engagement and report on analytics
- Monitor industry updates within the social landscape
- Assist with website updates, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Self-motivated, results-driven, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized with strong writing, visual/graphic, and communications skills
- Two+ years of experience working in social media at an agency or a nonprofit organization
- Track record of innovation in the social space and passion for the role that social can play in overall marketing, content strategy, and revenue generation
- Excellent writing skills and a good visual eye
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and HTML and social media scheduling tools (e.g. Later, Sprout Social, or Hootsuite)
- Experience with multivariate testing and enthusiasm for thoughtful experimentation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic production and video editing capabilities
- Familiarity with website content management systems like WordPress
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Occasional outdoor work required to capture video assets
How to Apply
Built on a historic, elevated rail line, the High Line was always intended to be more than a park. You can walk through the gardens, view art, experience a performance, enjoy food or beverage, or connect with friends and neighbors—all while enjoying a unique perspective of New York City.
820 Washington Street, New York, NY 10014