Site Relationship Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - Las Vegas - 147 views
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Site Leader is responsible for ensuring the successful operation of the Home Chef West Coast Retail business as operated by our third-party producer LSG Skychefs at their Las Vegas location.
In partnership with the site team, the Site Relationship Manager will:
Manage the Home Chef Third Party Site Procurement Leader and oversee their purchasing activities
Execute some procurement responsibilities which the Third Party Site Procurement Leader does not have the bandwidth to manage
Coordinate with the site Inventory Analyst to problem-solve shorts (scenarios in which we do not have enough of a particular ingredient to complete production of a given meal)
Validate the production plan as determined by the site Production Planner
Extrapolate production rates, storage capacity, and equipment capacity / availability over the long-term to surface any long-term concerns regarding insufficient capacity to meet future production demand
Serve as the liaison between Home Chef operations leadership and the site team and third party national leadership team
Work with various site functional leads to optimize receiving, production, logistics, and quality processes and policies
Coordinate with Home Chef corporate team individuals and relevant site team stakeholders to assist in rolling out new products or other major changes to production or logistics
Long-term, there may be some opportunity for this individual to remotely support the Plant Impact team with projects and responsibilities at other sites in the Home Chef network.
The Site Relationship Manager is responsible for exhibiting a strong working knowledge of all procurement, operations, FSQA, inventory, receiving, and logistical processes, and must be able to perform basic troubleshooting and in-the-moment problem solving in tandem with the LSG RDU local team.
The Site Relationship Manager must be able to manage and troubleshoot all technological tools used in procurement or production (e.g., production tracker, NetSuite, scanners, etc.) or escalate to the appropriate owner.
The Site Relationship Manager is expected to work closely with all functions within the site stakeholders and their equivalent stakeholders on the Home Chef side to execute performance improvement initiatives.
Strong communication is required to ensure Home Chef corporate teams are up to speed on issues occurring at the plant, as well as working through any plan or product changes to the facility.
- Managing the Third Party Site Procurement Leader and executing some procurement responsibilities:
- The Third Party Site Relationship Manager is responsible for managing the Third Party Site Procurement Leader, the role responsible for food and packaging procurement.
- Oversight responsibilities include:Ensuring appropriate yield and buffer assumptions are made and inform the Third Party Site Procurement Leader's activities
- Reviewing cost performance and working with the Third Party Site Procurement Leader to make changes as needed to achieve targetsSeeking opportunities for food and packaging cost savings
- Managing the professional development and performance feedback of the Third Party Site Procurement Leader
- Additionally, the Third Party Site Relationship Manager will take on any procurement-related activities which the Third Party Site Procurement Leader does not have the bandwidth to manage.
- Mitigating shorts-related issues in tandem with the site Inventory Analyst and the Home Chef Third Party Site Procurement Leader:
- Thinking ahead to future production days and surfacing ingredients, packaging, or third party products that will be of insufficient quantity to fulfill forecasted production is critical to the successful operations of the plant.
- To that end, the Third Party Site Relationship Manager's responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with the site Inventory Analyst to make sure they have the tools and capabilities necessary to surface shorts early and respond to them, and ensuring they continue to do so in a timely fashion over the long term
- Developing the capabilities of the Third Party Site Procurement Leader to make sure they can work effectively with the site Inventory Analyst in responding to shorts
- Working with the site Production Planner and the Home Chef Third Party Site Procurement Leader and the site Materials Manager to optimize delivery schedules and the production schedule to minimize the number and impact of shorts
- When ingredient or packaging shorts force finished meals to be shorted, triaging the situation to select the least-bad means of shorting product to stores
- Validating and optimizing the production plan developed by the site Production Planner:
- The site has a Production Planner role as part of their local organizational structure. While this role will be primarily responsible for developing and managing the production plan to guide production activities, the Third Party Site Relationship Manager will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with the Production Planner to make adjustments over the long term to optimize the plan and tailor it to the nuances of the site and the strengths / weaknesses of the site teamWorking with the Production Planner to make adjustments to the production plan to account for new product introduction, new equipment, new production processes, or any other significant impact to how production is run
- Planning, in tandem with the Production Planner, the Operations Manager, and the General Manager, around holidays to ensure continuous seamless production
- Rapidly creating a response plan to ad hoc / emergency situations caused by major shorts, major work stoppages, major call offs, and, in general, events that cause significant delays to production
- Working with various site team functional leads to optimize receiving, production, logistics, and quality processes and policies:
- The Third Party Site Relationship Manager should be comfortable applying pressure to the site functional leaders to improve capabilities and processes over time.
- Specifically, the Third Party Site Relationship Manager is responsible for:
- Pushing the Operations team to improve production rates and optimize production layout
- Pushing the Operations and Materials teams to improve replenishment processes to minimize production stoppages due to lack of product
- Pushing the Inventory and Receiving team to improve receiving and storage processes and policies and auditing receiving processes periodically to ensure they consistently adhere to established practices over the long term
- Pushing the Materials team to to maximize efficient use of storage space
- Pushing the Logistics and Materials team to maximize efficient use of dock space and to react to any problems with receiving and outbound logistics
- Pushing the FSQA team to improve quality checks and other related processes and ensuring the team maintains high fidelity to established processes over the long termWorking with the Operations team to implement new technology or equipment (e.g., labeling machine, flow-wrapper machine) or new production processes (e.g., RFID application)Reviewing product quality periodically to ensure product quality remains high and does not degrade or vary over time
- Serving as communication channel to Home Chef corporate and acting as a liaison between Home Chef Operations leadership and the third party's leadership:
- The Third Party Site Relationship Manager will act as the key representative for Home Chef at the site.
- In fulfilling this role, the Third Party Site Relationship Manager will be responsible for:
- Acting as the first line of support for site leadership when problem-solving mission critical issues
- Providing a communication channel back to the Home Chef corporate team to keep the team informed on ongoing performance and status of key initiatives
- Surfacing any major site issue to the Home Chef corporate team in a timely manner as necessary
- Coordinating with Home Chef corporate teams to on change initiatives and special projects that impact the site
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc projects:
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, there will be a variety of ad hoc projects and responsibilities that the Third Party Site Relationship Manager will take on, including:
- Validating site reporting, including Production and Shipping reporting, to ensure accurate and timely data is provided to Home Chef
- Validating the invoices that the site sends to Home Chef
- Working with both Home Chef corporate and the site team to prepare for and execute on new product introductions, major production process changes, and other impactful change initiatives
- Extrapolating production rates and plant capacity over the long-term to flag potential mismatches between product demand and what the site is capable of supplying
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 2+ years of successful supervisory or leadership experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Cross-functional experience in 2 more departments (warehouse, production, quality, procurement etc.) preferred
- Track record of driving KPIs and meeting or exceeding goal required
- Proficient on using tablets and PC'sMust be able to lift up to 49 pounds occasionally with or without reasonable accommodation
- Completion of 2-year degree such as Associates degree.